My dog died today....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArmadaJetfire, May 12, 2011.

1. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Yeah kinda of a shitty day. My best buddy died today. Took him to the vet three days ago becuase he was acting really lethargic and suddenly lost use of his back legs. Found out he had a massive tumor in his chest that was restricting his breathing and pinching a nerve or some such. Asked how long he had and the doctor said a week tops. So we made him comfy as best we could and I decided I was going to take him in to put him down. I would have done it a day sooner, but today (thursday) my wife and I had to go to a foster parent evaluation because we want to adopt our foster son. (lots of red tape and crap. 4 hours worth of questions to make sure we are good parents)
    He wasnt looking good this am, but I told him before we left, that I loved him and its ok if he had to go. And subborn to the last, he waited for me and my wife to get home and come see him, to get one last moment with him before he died in our arms. I'm gonna miss him so much, but hes in a better place now.
    [​IMG]
    God speed my friend. Sorry it just feels better to vent. Didnt mean to ramble.

2. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

God Bless, my condolences to you and your family.

3. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Wow, not to be a wuss or anything, but a tear rolled down my eye as I read your post. I was really touched. I feel your pain. My condolences to you my friend. Your best friend might be gone but not forgotten.

4. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I recently lost my dog of about 15 years, and it's one of the worst feelings in the world. My condolences, man.

5. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    So sorry to hear that. I still remember how it felt for me when this happened. :( 

6. MegaScreamtron

MegaScreamtron Decepticon

Awww man dude, don't worry. I know he was a damn good dog / best friend to you... He's in doggy heaven now :D 

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My deepest condolences. He may have left this world, but he'll never leave that special place you hold for him in your heart.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm very sorry to hear that. He sounds like a great friend. I hope you find it in yourself to adopt another best friend sooner than later.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    sorry for your loss:( 

10. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that. Lost my horse a few years ago and my best dog bud when I was ten. They just worm their way in your hearts so easy and it so sad to see them go but at least he does not hurt anymore.

11. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I'm very sorry man. :( 

I've lost a dog before and know exactly how you feel. If you feel like talking about it more we'll be here.

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Dogs are the one creature that god put on this earth that will love you unconditionally and faithfully. My condolences, I know how it feels.

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I salute you sir, for having compassion. I know that if I lost my Dog, or my other Dog, or even my cat, then I would be heartbroken. I probably wouldn't even be capable of making a thread I would be so overcome by the grief.
    My condolences to both you, and to Goliath.

14. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just suffered through the same thing about a month and half ago man. :(  It sucks when youre best bud passes away like this especially due to tumors and unexpected crap like that. At least he's in a better place and hey now he gets to go play with my dog too. :D 

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I lost my dog 16 years ago and then I had another one that got out. I searched the neighborhood and put an ad in the paper. I never found her.

My mother has a 12 yr-old Maltese. A couple of months ago we noticed he was urinating too much at night and had blood in his urine.

We took him to the vet and they found a tumor in his bladder. So far he is still acting okay and eating. I don't know if I mentioned this once before.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Awww..so sorry about your dog A.Jetfire..I'm still crying as I type. Just think of him chasing rabbits or birds and playing with his favorite toy in heaven.

17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I know how you feel. Several years ago my cat had a brain tumor. He was in terrible shape. When I came home from college to visit my parents and my old cat buddy, he was happy to see me, licked me on my hand, rubbed his head on me, curled up next to me and passed away quietly. My parents were going to put him down but felt I should see him before that happened.

I don't care what anyone says, animals are very special creatures, and will be faithful friends/companions for life. They have souls and they know how to give love and all they ask is to be loved in return. That is a fine dog you had. A very nice dog indeed.

18. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    #hugs

Lost my beloved cat recently (my best friend for 21 years), so I know your feelings right now.

It must have been really hard for it to sneak up on you like that. I was lucky in that I knew the day was approaching for a while.But the lows you're feeling now will, slowly, level out. It does get... not easier, but it gets... steadier, I think, as the weeks go by. :( 

PM me if you want to talk. :) 

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

sorry to hear it.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

:(