2D Artwork: My Dinobot Project: SLAG

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Alirius Prime, May 21, 2012.

1. Alirius Prime

Alirius Prime Elite Sniper

News Credits:
    Hey guys! Ali here, and one of my first posts here. But more to the point... So I've been looking at the Dinobots lately and I'm really hooked. They're just... so awesome... But anyway, I thought I'd give it a shot at my own design for these guys. I decided to post my first Dinobot: Slag, here. Also to get your guy's opinion on if I should keep the "Dino hood" behind his head. I do have a Triceratops mode already in vision, but I just had to sketch out this guy. He is heavily inspired by the Transformers Animated "Snarl" Design and the animated aesthetic in general. My intentions were to give him a very "hulking" look, but without it looking so cartoonish, and seeing as how G1 Slag's bio depicts him as somewhat anti-social. I'd figure I'd go the extra mile and hive him a mouth guard, along with a gas mask to add that extra.. . Badass feel. He does in fact have a six pack xD again... the animated aesthetic . So to some it all up, I just want your opinion on this very, very rough sketch, and if I should keep the G1 hood. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    No hood for the win! Do you have a transformation worked out?

3. Alirius Prime

Alirius Prime Elite Sniper

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I'll see about the hood. Either way, with the transformation scheme I have in mind, the "Dino hood" could either stay behind his head, or collapse into his chest. You see, I plan the chest to be a cavity so the head can store in there, or option to be a hood. The scheme I have for transformation is a bit difficult to explain. I am actually sketching it as we speak.

4. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    :cool: