My difficult Lair Review...Wow.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 31, 2007.

1. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    People on the SONY boards are freaking out apparently you can use the remote play to play lair on the PSP still need to check it out

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw a video of that on Kotaku. Looks interesting.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't have a ps3 yet, but the game looks beautiful.

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Has anybody else noticed any change in the controls since the 1.92 update? Since the update, the game feels smoother somehow. I tried the level that really kinda pissed me off with the controls (the one with the searchlights), and now it feels MUCH more smooth and easier.

Also, Im loving this game quite a bit really. And those lowball 4.9, 4.5 reviews have now actually pissed me off. The game is much better than that. Had I listened to those reviews, I would have missed out on an awesome game. A friend of mine even came over (post 1.92 update) and tried it out. He liked what he saw and when I handed him the controller he picked it up and played it with no real problem. He also agreed that the review was way too low.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

hmm, seems the first (or second?) wave of ps3 games are a tad un-inspiring.

6. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

Has anyone listened to the interview EGM Live did with one of the developer guys there at Factor Five where he (paraphrased of course) basically blamed the problems people had with the controls on them being hardcore gamers. Like it was their fault the controls were unresponsive.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but, the controls aren't unresponsive really. I've still been playing it and even though it doesn't deserves 9s or 8s, the game is not that bad, and controlling the dragon is actually fun when you get used to it.

I played it on the PSP. You can control the dragon with the nub and it's actually playable, but I could think of better games to use remote play on that would work better with the feature.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was the update supposed to do something to the game? I never found out what the update was about.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I picked it up due to some extra money coming in.

Overall I like it. I am not having problems with the controls, with exception to doing the 180.

I like the story and cinematics, the graphics are beautiful and the idea itself is cool. Like WC said it is not a 9-10 title but it is interesting and fun enough I keep playing it. And the music is awesome.

The only slow down I have seen is when I am on the ground and it only happens when I charge or eat a ground troop. I almost wonder if it is done on purpose for "dramatic" effect.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yeah the eating and ripping through troops slowdown is definitely on purpose. The only thing that annoys me about the game is that you literally have 20 or more dragons in the sky, the troops fighting on the ground against bulls, and you have to haul ass and help them, wich in itself is not a big deal, but finding them in the HUGE level where there is battle everywhere is F$%^cking awesome, but also overwhelming when they are yelling at you to help your men out and you don't know where to even begin. And if you overshoot them you have to slowly turn around.

The graphics are sick though, I mean some real awsome visual techniques used, too bad about the framerate though.

Hopefully we can hook up on Warhawk this week, pscoop.