Heavy/Scratch: My Devastator is finally finished!!! (picture heavy)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CankleBreaker, May 2, 2010.

1. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker Robot

Whats up Radicons! I finally managed to finish my first kitbash ever! When I first saw these custom Devastators I knew I had to have one, but since I knew I wasn't able to afford a commissioned one, I decided to build one for myself. It took a long time but its finally done (was only able to work on it a few hours every week). Thanks to everyone who helped and answered my questions (too many people to name but thanks again). Theres a lot of kibble on my version but I like how it turned out. I'll post pics of individual bot modes when those are finished.

On a side note, any suggestions as to how I could add more kibble to bulk up the left shoulder connector and elbow connectors. Also, can anyone recommend a fix for the flap where the elbow connector is connected to Bonecrusher and a way to connect the head, maybe a magnet? C&C is welcomed! Now just to save up monies to have a commission paint job :p 

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lookin good, now get him painted up so we can gasp and aw about it for ya! :D  (it's a good thing)

3. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker Robot

Heh...gonna leave that to a pro. I think the paint job will make or break the figure so i'll save up monies for a commission paint job.

4. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oohhh....you'll be missing out on the fun of painting your own creation!! you can choose the paint job you want, experimenting with the paints etc...all part and parcel of custimomising....try it!!

5. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

It looks great, and for a first custom kitbash...? WOW. You should be proud of your work!

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

If I were you I'd take my time and paint it myself. I know when my Devastator is doneHe'll be painted up by me. It give you a certain sense of pride. He loks great so far. I can't wait for the finished product.

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The finished paint job is by far the best part of the custom.

Just don't touch these figures with alchohol...something about the plastic that has/tak used at the time, dries up really bad in alchohol.
    I have several dead constructicons from alchohol baths.

If you read in the tutorials section here in Radicons, you will find several guides to painting.

8. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker Robot

Thanks guys :D 

I'll think about painting it myself but not sure if I want to invest in all of that extra stuff as well because I don't think i'll do any other bash, I just really really wanted a Devastator haha.

9. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! Awesome! this things kills my devy!!! :D  HAHHAHA and pretty much all my customs LOL GRRRRRRREat Work!!!!!

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    That head... Feels so familiar. Congrats on completion, but you you should paint it yourself.

11. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker Robot

Heh, thanks Dea, everyone is telling me to paint it myself, but I have no supplies or skills...I don't think its a good investment for me to buy what I need to try to do it myself.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hey, I bet you didn't think you had the skills to build it! Look's good, painting should be a lot easier than building! Just study the tutorials on painting, and take your time at it.

13. Marvin16z

Marvin16z vin16z

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, where did you get Truck for mixmaster?