Minor/Repaint: my Cybertron repaints

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Switch625, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Hello, all. I've posted some in the Sightings and Prime tribute threads, but this is the first time I've posted some of my repaints. I love repainting my Transformers! Here are my newest repaints. First is Cybertron Megatron.

[​IMG]

He's obviously Cybertron Galvatron, but the paint scheme screams Megatron. The horns work for Galvatron, but not Megatron, so I painted them, left them turned down and also got rid of the purple face.

When I think of Megatron, I think of his fusion cannon. Since the Has/Tak designers seem determined not to give him one these days, I did.

[​IMG]

It's made from some old Star Wars Episode I pens that look like lightsabers. That's the double Darth Maul in front with Obi Wan's attached to the back. As luck would have it, the peg on Vector Prime's forearm guard fits perfectly into the hole on Megatron's forearm. I also added Vector Prime's shoulder pad to the top to make the cannon look a little less like a bazooka.

[​IMG]

Next up is Starscream. He's repainted from the Starscream that came in the Vector Prime two-pack (which is the VP I cannibalized for Megatron's fusion cannon).

[​IMG]

I experimented with a silver paint job, instead of a light grey, and I think it turned out pretty cool. I added the light blue trim like he had in the G1 cartoon and he now makes for a pretty cool looking Starscream from The War Within.

[​IMG]

I enjoyed this project so much that if I can find some more SS/VP two-packs (on sale, preferably), I intend to do Thundercracker and Skywarp.

I did Vector Prime when he first came out. I added brown to his wings and underside and gold to that thing on his forehead. After adding the missing gold paint details, his legs looked so plain that I added silver to the trim at the knees and ankles.

[​IMG]

The more I look at him, the more his paint scheme looks like Elvis' white jumpsuit, so that was my inspiration.

[​IMG]

He's not in the Cybertron line but since he's visible in some of the pictures, here is my Unicron.

[​IMG]

I tried to make him look as much like his movie counterpart as I could, given the differences in the toy and movie designs. I added silver to his "goatee" to make it stand out from the rest of his face. I'm very proud of how he turned out.

Well that's it for now. I hope you like them. I've got some more if anybody would like to see them. Can you say... Dinobots?

2. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that Starscream is awesome. I would buy three of them if they would just do the seekers.

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    You have amazing paint skills! How do you paint? airbrush? Spraybooth? Please tell me!

Starscream looks a little silly with those blue slippers on his feet! lol

Megs and Unicron are awesome!

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Every single one of em are awesome. That Starscream definitely looks the best though. I say do show accurate GF Starscream next!

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Thanks for the kind words. I know what you mean about the "blue slippers". LOL.

I paint everything by hand using enamel paints. I know there are better paints out there, but for some reason the enamel works best for me. Sure, some of the paint chips when I transform them, but since they spend 99.9% of the time standing on the shelf, it doesn't really matter. Any damage can be fixed in a matter of seconds with minimal fuss. I did, however, use spray paint for Unicron's wings, only because there isn't any good orange enamel paint.

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

They look very nice. I especially like Megatron's fusion cannon, and if I ever get the Starscream/Vector Prime two-pack, I may donate my extra Vector's shoulderpad to the creation of one.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That Starscream is awesome! Love Megatrons cannon. Gonna have to find some little lightsabers now.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, those look great! Especially loving Starscream.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fabulous! :rock