Customs: My Customs Ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Decided to make a collective thread for all my ideas and customs.

My first custom, which I eventually scrapped, was the Titanium Ultra Magnus repaint into diaclone colors. MeGrimlock79 bought the figure from me so we'll see what he can do with it. It'll probably come out better than when I was working on it.

So I gave customizing a break and just focused more on collecting. Now, I find myself wanting to get back into it, which brings me to the following idea.

Cybertron Excellion: We see the obvious Hot Rod reference here for the most part. An idea popped into my head about Cybertron Swerve or Clocker's exhaust pipes to give him more of a Hot Rod feel. Considering Excellion's doors, is it a good idea to drill holes in to fit the pipes?

I don't plan on giving this guy too much of a paint job. Perhaps making the flames more Hot Rod like while painting the clear blue wings yellow.

Thoughts?

2. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I think it's worth a try. And i'm hoping to work on that Powered Convoy Titainum soon. It's sitting on top of my TV headless lol

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You could certainly do it that way; you'd obviously need to make sure the holes lined up correctly on both sides, though, to make sure they're even. That could be tricky, though far from impossible. I took the easier route with mine; trim the posts off altogether, file the flat base to a slight angle (to accommodate the slope of the doors) and just attach them using a good glue.

[​IMG]

4. Satomiblood

That's awesome, what did you use for the flames?

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks. It's Inscribe Hobby Acrylic; Bonfire Orange, Golden Yellow, Sunlight and Custard (layered up), with a top coat of Pearly Glaze (which gives a nice metallic sheen).
    Obviously other ranges have pretty much the same colours under different names (possibly excepting the glaze), but that's what I used.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Its much better to have one thread for one custom, not for a group. Its easier to find exactly what you're looking for using the search feature, and also makes for much less cluttered threads.

7. Satomiblood

^Just trying to save space for threads^

8. Satomiblood

Okay, as I prepare for this Computron bash, I decided to work on my customizing skills.

I'm in the process of giving Cybertron Menasor actual arms from a Happy Well Armada Megatron. First, I took the gear pin from the elbow and apoxied it to the top of the arm. I tests out how the arm works and it appears fine. I just need to sand down the sculpt.

I do plan on hollowing out the "arms" Menasor originally came with so they can still be attached to the existing ones. But I first want to see how the arms take.

I'll post pics soon.

9. Satomiblood

Figured I'd just update this thread as opposed to starting another since this is just an idea.

As some of you know, I gave up on the Cybertron Menasor custom a while ago. I'm thinking of a few things to work on instead. One of them is repainting my spare Classics Hot Rod into G1 Overdrive.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/39/r_rodimus043.jpg
    http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/39/r_rodimus028.jpg

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/01/r_overdrive011.jpg
    http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/01/r_overdrive030.jpg

The vehicle modes are almost the same. All I'd have to do is remove the spoiler. BUT part of the spoiler could be converted into wings for the doors as seen below.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/01/r_overdrive025.jpg

Thoughts? Anyone?

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I say go for it. I'm still saddened that you totally scrapped the menasor project.

11. Satomiblood

Heh, it's not totally scrapped. I just gave it an indefinite break.