Minor/Repaint: My customs during the last year [Part 1]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by irvinechan1982, May 3, 2009.

1. irvinechan1982

irvinechan1982 Member

Hey, Check this out. Here're some of my Transformers customs during the last 2 years. These toys are the minor changed. And for those toys which have been changed bigger, keep your eyes open on my space. They are coming later. I use mostly marker pens to do the color change. In fact, I've been willing to write this for a long period of time.

First things first, Optimus Prime from Classic Series. It's a good figure with great shape and transforming structure. But the color sucks compare to a Henkei! Convoy with just different painting job. So I paint it according to a Henkei! one. The reason why I didn't bought a Henkei! Convoy is simple. I didn't mean to buy this but I'll have to buy a boxset for an Ultra Magnus. So I have an Classic Optimus Prime.

TFTM Bumblebee is one of the figure I like the most. The transforming system is complex and both car mode and robot mode looked awesome. I bought this figure immediately when it's in store. And later there comes up with a "Stealth Bumblebee", whose head was in a "helmet on" status. And this is much cooler than the early one. So I exchange their heads and made the stealth one even darker. The yellow bumblebee was given a metallic color paint job to make it look more realistic, well, if there's a real one. The stealth one was given some Decepticon stickers to make it no more a Bumblebee, but a Runabout, which can transform into a Chevrolet Camaro in G1 cartoon and Comics.

Classic Mirage was already a cool figure. And I gave him a Decepticon mark to wear because in comics he once dream about joining the Decepticon forces.

I hate Galvatron's head and face. That's why ruined his face. In 1980s Takara had designed him not as the Decepticon commander but just as a fortress commander. So whatever the name it is now. He's not Galvatron anymore. Maybe I should call him Merkatron cos he can transform into a Merkava MBT.

Ultra Magnus had never been a leader before the story of TFA. But this Ultra Magnus has a face as old as Jesus Christ. So I cut some of it off to make him look younger.

All TFA figures have long faces. So I decided to make Skywap look more G1-styled. So I remold his head using his head and some part of head from landmine. And here it is.

Attached Files:

2. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Wicked! I love it!

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Nice! I like what you did to Skywarp's head.

4. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

some serious attention to detail dude great work

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I really really don't like "dump" threads. Your work deserves attention, so why dump a bunch of stuff together so they can't get that attention? Post a thread for each custom, and please include more than one picture. These things are 3D objects, AND with more than one form to boot! A thread with ten customs means hardly anyone is going to really devote much time one any one of the ten, but more the whole.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed, and for the most part, they're counterproductive to Radicons as a whole. Please post threads for each of your customs. Thanks!

7. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits: