Heavy/Scratch: My customized classic Superion

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dt325, Sep 10, 2009.

1. dt325

dt325 Active Member

Hello, Guys, this is my first post in tf2005, here is my customized classic Superion, the components are: classic 2.0 Superion ( Fireflight, Skydive, Slingshot) , classic 2.0 Silverbolt and SuperLink Starscream (Air Raid ), body: Universe Unicron. Also, part of Armada SkyFire's chest and some small parts of G1 superion (like the head )have been used for my classic Superion. The basic idea is to use the new generation toys to bring the G1 heros back in a classic style way: more movability to pose and also, biger size to show the sense which a united transformer should have: strong, huge and powerful compare to normal voyager or deluxe level toys.

Sorry for my poor english because I am not a native speaker of english and I came from China, but anyway hope you guys can understand part of my words and enjoy the pictures below :) 

Aerialbots!
    [​IMG]

Silverbolt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fireflight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Air Raid
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skydive ( I love this guy most! I have increased his height so make him deluxe level )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slingshot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Team together
    [​IMG]

Aerialbots merged to: Superion!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    dont wanna be too critical over it but it looks like a Unicron with some Jets strapped to him lol. and the combiner head is just way too tiny. but the individual bots are quite unique and look good

3. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

The bot's are just plain A-W-E-S-O-M-E! but as for the combined mode I agree with Orion_Prime

4. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Excellent attempt at a combiner!

I was wondering, what are the pieces you used for the shoulder joints? I don't recognize them from anywhere.

Also, the only tips I could give you on how to make Superion even better are to have both fists painted the same (unless you wanted to keep the light up hand) and maybe find a way to trim a bit from the Unicron forearms. They seem a tad too big compared to the rest of the body.

Keep up the good work, man!

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think you did a great job on this, man. I also think that the G1 Superion head works, but the size of the Unicron forearms and the height of the jets/shoulders makes it seem small. In comparison with the chest and torso, it fits pretty well though. Personally, I don't see how this looks like Unicron with jets attached--I simply see the forearms and the waist/upper legs/knees with connectors for the individual jets/limbs. I really think this looks awesome and the only things I'd suggest to improve upon what you've already done are the following things.........paint both fists to match (as suggested above), take some things apart to get the paint in better places (around the knees of the Unicron legs, you can see the yellow/orange color), prime the parts before painting (you can see through some of the white painted parts--but not too bad), and seal it all up with a good clear coat.

Overall though, I think this looks great and I really dig the extra height you added to Skydive. The paint apps look good, but as I mentioned, you can see through the white in some areas. Still an awesome combiner though! Great job and I look forward to seeing more from you, man. (and welcome aboard!)

6. kofboy

kofboy Well-Known Member

选材不错,手大了点。

7. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

very nice! i like how each jet is different, and out of the five, i love skydive the best! :bay 

by the way is there a thread about your omega custom? :) 

8. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

I think this turned out pretty well. Congratulations, you should be proud. hXcpunk23 had some very good comments earlier and I agree. I think if anything at all, changing the forearms would really bring his proportions together. I also like your choices of bots and the usage of some G1 parts were very creative.

9. dt325

dt325 Active Member

To grayfox: The pieces I used for the shoulder is from Unicron, the black piece is just from Unicron's rib which used to tied his arms when he transform from Planet to robot, I just reverse the direction of the pieces, but as you can see I cut it to make the sharp just match the arm to vertical angle, hope you can get what I mean :) 

To hXcpunk23: Thanks man, painting is my weakness but I will keep practice and hope my next project will be better, of course I will continue update my superion as well.

10. dt325

dt325 Active Member

哈哈!兄弟也在啊!来了tf2005真是大开眼界啊!这里高手很多!

11. dt325

dt325 Active Member

Yeah, I will post something about my omega soon, I just done some slightly modification of his legs but I think it is a good custom which make him much taller ( a little bit taller then Superion which just same as the G1 cartoon) and more like a human body :) 

12. dt325

dt325 Active Member

Thanks for the positive words man, yeah one rule when I design this Superion is: I do not want to use the classic F15 model any more since it has been abused already in the exitsed classic series: starscream and his brothers, so I just want to try something new, and yes I love the G1 small parts either, make those robots more geniality and more G1 feeling

13. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pretty damn cool. I would change the head a little, keep the superion but add some bulk to it. It seems way to small. Nice job!

14. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I think you did a great job. My only critique is the forearms, they're a bit too big, as others have mentioned. I think if you switched them out with the ones from Primus it would look better, plus give him some extra firepower. Other than that, I love it!

15. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

A problem I know all too well. I always think that painting is half the battle. Me personally, I always try to lean towards spraypaints for the overall coats and detail with a brush because 1) i don't have an airbrush and 2) my hand painting is THE worst.

Combiners are my favorite. I can't believe the sheer size of this guy, especially using the molds you chose.

16. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Painting is always rough...for the exact reason Moe said.
    No airbrush....and hand painting is a pain.
    Disassembly is the best bet with painting. That way you can paint the inside of your joints and such.
    Though for joints I like using the "How to dye a figure." guide in the radicons section.
    I want to try to dye an entire figure and paint from there...just havent got the balls up for it yet.

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good man, the individual aerialbots are great and the stature of superion is awesome.

But yeah, like others have said, he needs a bigger head and smaller forearms :)  great job though man!

18. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

long live hand-brushers!

19. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice touch, 5 stars!!!!!
    Glad to see you here

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    DAMN! You made me regret returning the Target Superion. This is awesome.