Customs: My Custom and Me!!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Many of us here have created several projects. We place a lot of time, resources, work, and care into creating them. Each piece is special in its own right.

But, do you have a custom you've made that just has a special place for you? Maybe it was a personal venture to homage your favorite Transformer ever. Perhaps this custom is a mold that you really though was the bomb, but needed some help to make it "just right". Some of us even create our own characters with our customs.

Whatever the case may be, perhaps you have a favorite custom you made. I thought I'd initiate a discussion with this topic. To participate in this thread:

1. The custom must be completed.
    2. You must have a thread in Radicons of said piece.
    3. We all love photos, so you must have at least one photo to share.
    4. A thread must have been made of the custom.
    5. Post a link to your thread you've made.

Discuss!

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Vector's Tribute bash will always be a Favorite of mine.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/vector-prime--repaint-164316/
    I was still a "Rookie" basher, for 6 weeks I worked my butt off.
    Not to try & win, but to honor a fallen basher who's work truly did inspire countless people.

Animated DB Mk2
    http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/animated-dinobot-mk2-165311/
    Commission for PK & an upgrade from my first Ani DB.
    Placed 3rd at TFcon with him.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've got several favourites, for entirely different reasons.

As you said, SQ, sometimes a fig is plain awesome and just needs a helping hand to make it perfect. For me, Cybertron Evac was one of those figs. But I had to ditch that horrible Cyber Key gimmick. And while I was at it, who was Evac? The character had no meaning to me at all.
    But doesn't he bear a striking resemblance to that Micromaster helicopter? A few paint touchups and he was Blaze Master.
    And since there's not actually that much extra paintwork on him I can play with him to my heart's content without stressing about paint wear! Kickarse! :D 

But I think the one I'm most proud of at the moment is Slicer. I wanted to do him as soon as I got the Cyb Downshift figure (he was a great character, who'd never even had a vehicle mode before), and started painting. But as happens so often with me, I got distracted, and he wound up hiding in the basement for a year or two. While having a dig around, I found him and decided to give him another crack, this time using some of my improved bashing experience to give his claw pushbutton activation and get his waist rotating.
    I'm so glad I dug him out that day. :) 

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

5. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  7. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned