My contribution to the war on scalpers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by taterx, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Fooshnik

Fooshnik Heavy

lolz. Ooh kay.

Stick it to The Man, bro.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, that was my post. And the stuff they get like that would be exclusives like MP Screamer... which I refuse to buy from them because of the huge markup that they put on it and the fact that he can't order exclusives from Hasbro so that means he is basically scalping these items. As far as other items I buy from them they get them from Hasbro because they're an actual company that can buy items in bulk with a buisness license... so mainline figures (as long as Joel's markup isn't too bad... ugh on his Classic Grimlock price) I have no problem preordering them and paying a slight markup for. Though, as I stated, if I find them in my Target while stocking the shelves before my preorder hits I'll buy it there instead as that will save me money (regular price -10% employee discount).

And, before anyone asks, the main reason that I do a lot of preordering through BBTS is because I don't have a lot of time for the hunt anymore. Stocking shelves at Target overnight, working at the local news paper part time as an intern, having a 1 year old that's my responsability when she gets out of daycare until my wife gets off work and taking four college classes sucks up a lot of my personal time and leaves me with about four to five hours to sleep regularly. :lol 

3. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I sympathize with you guys, even though living in CT I don't really have to worry about scalpers...I pretty much always find what I want, even if it takes a while. So far the only thing I had to buy online was TRU Exclusive Soundwave.

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Oh your real cute Tater:rolleyes2 ...I see your name must come from you having the wit of a potato...you could have at the very least put a pic of Jay to go along with your sad little jab.

Anyways, yes it is pretty much hair brain since most TFs aren't scalped, and the ones that usually are i.e. exclusives when sold online are jacked up scalper prices. Sure, you may get the occasional 08 CCBB on preorder, but what happens once those preorders are sold out?

Edit: and I never said that buying online was hair brained, but thinking that by everyone going exclusively online (10% of the TF buying market) is. It wouldn't make a lick of difference on how the scalpers operate.

5. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

Why not just refuse to buy from scalpers?

Problem solved...and no "war" necessary.

6. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

You know what your right, and as usual I digress. TX