My computer is acting strange.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smokescreen, May 28, 2008.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hi, everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm having problems with my computer. Tonight the screen began to flash to black periodically before returning to normal. Then after I shut it down and restarted, a blue screen came up talking about a system dump. I then shut it down and restarted again and I was able to log on to my settings, but I also got a message stating that the system had just recovered from a serious error.

So, depending on how things go, my computer may crash again like it did a couple years ago when this same thing started happening. If it does, I won't have internet access at home. So, if I disappear from the boards for several days to a week, that's the reason. I do have internet at work, but I don't always have time to log on. I'll do my best to pop in and continue to contribute when I can, but it may not be as often.

Again, this is only if my computer decides to crash. Otherwise, I'll still be here. So, wish me luck. Thanks for listening.

2. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

Good luck!! I just got my computer back from the shop. Power supply busted. No computer for three or so weeks. luckily I had my PSP to surf the Internet, well most sites, at least.

3. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Three weeks?!

My power supply in my desktop crapped out last Saturday and I had it back with a new power supply by Monday!

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Three weeks? Power supply takes, like, five minutes to replace.

5. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

Exactly! We blew one here at work a few months back, called the computer shop and got "you can change it can't you?" which got a sigh from me followed by a "yeah i'll be over shortly with it".

Seriously, they're easy to swap out. The only thing you've got to be careful is if a power spike blows the supply it could affect other parts as well which can lead to all kinds of headaches.

6. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

Well it took me couple a days to find the same power supply and ordered online. Then it took Fedex about 4 days to deliver and I still had to take it to my cousin's Tech guy to replace it. After that it was just waiting for the guy to deliver it. Since it was my cousin doing me the favor, I decided not to push on it but then I started to feel the withdrawal syndrome.

I just didn't want to mess with my computer. I didn't want to do something stupid and basically break it. My hard drive has a lot of important informations so another reason not to touch it. I found a how to do it on the HP website but thought a professional would be better doing it. Go figure. Anyways its back to normal. Now I know.......

That and it was also a pro bono deal.

7. D.Lloyd1990

D.Lloyd1990 Avid Gamer

I'm having problems with my PC, The automatic updates won't install.