My complete 84-86 G1 collection

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by juise, Feb 3, 2009.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I test drove a Challenger and now I'm doing something I never considered doing. My G1's are on ebay! Item number: 190284061707 or click my ebay link in my profile.

2. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Didn't you just got those couple weeks ago? I remember there was a huge thread about it

3. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was almost 5 months ago now. I had no intention at all of ever getting rid of them, but then I drove that damn car. Then on top of the that I worked the numbers and realized I can get a C6 Vette for the same price as the Challenger. The G1's quickly took a back seat.

I'm an amateur race driver (HPDE Class 3 NASA Midwest). I drive a SRT-4 now, but I've always wanted some V8 RWD goodness on the track. The G1's can possibly provide a good down payment on that. Racing is the only thing short of disaster that I would sell TF's for.

4. sircory-1

sircory-1 Well-Known Member

You should try a Viper for comparison. It's power is unrelenting compared to some of the other cars you speak of. A 3-4 year old Viper costs as much as a new Challenger.

5. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I considered a 02 GTS but they cost to much to maintain, and they have a record for not being that durable.

6. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your going to get a C6, get one with the LS3. Or get a used C5 like I did and build the hell out of it. Tigershark bodykit, magnetic ride, and twin turbo's is what I did.:thumbs2: 

7. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I considered a C5 Z06, but if I get lucky I can score a used C6 Z06 for under $40k, with GM certification warranty. So if I manage that I'll get it, drive it for 5 years and then make it a full on race car after the warranty is up.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I am sorry to see you sell......one less geewun collector :-(

9. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel your pain, I had a bunch of Bowen Marvel statues that I sold when I test drove an 08 Mazdaspeed 3 last year. Suddenly collectables paled in comparison to the new car smell. A year later no regrets.

10. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    What I find the most interesting is that there's a good number of folks that start off with just G1. Buying either loose or MIB. They tend to get a little out of hand and end up buying tons of figures within a short period of time. For many reasons, they end up leaving the hobby the fastest. Especially MIB folks.

11. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm far from done with Transformers. I'm just giving up a portion of my collection, albeit the largest single portion. I still have My Alt/BT's, MP's, Classics/Henkei's and my Animated. That being said if they don't sell I'll be more then happy to keep them.

12. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like I'm keeping them! The winning bidder hasn't made the down payment, or responded to a single email.

That was a waste of $55!