Digibash: My combaticon project

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Kaltorako, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

This is my own combaticon project. In my eyes, these are what I think the combaticons Altmodes should be:

Vortex: Ah-64 Apache
    Blastoff: Space Shuttle (Duh)
    Brawl: The Fallen tank
    Swindle: Buggy, Humvee, or jeep
    Onslaught: Tank, Missile Truck, APC

I will be constantly uploading these. The first one I got is Vortex in his Alt mode.

I've uploaded Brawl, but due to scale problems, I might change it. Unless you guys would like to see a gorilla proportioned Bruticus.

Found a good Swindle, it's Captain America.

Attached Files:

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Man the Combaticons are gettin alot of love now! :p 
    Good luck with your project, ill bee lookin out :) 

3. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

it's because everybody and a half has done the constructicons, and who doesn't love army vehicle transformers?

4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i cant wait to see the come together .

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    So far the 2 alt modes fit aesthetically together. Not sure how the bot modes will look. Good start though. Is this a kitbash project or just digi based custom stuff

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Well, based on those two, there may be a scale problem. Titanium Fallen is deluxe-sized at best, while Energon Bulkhead is larger than most Voyagers. I would suggest either a smaller helicopter, or a bigger tank, especially if you're going to take this all the way to Bruticus. :) 

Nice digibashes though. Bulkhead looks great in shades of gray.

zmog

7. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

This is a cross between a digibash project and a kitbash request

and I didn't quite know he size of Bulkhead, but it's good that's he's bigger, becuase I'm having trouble thinking up of deluxe tanks. Do you know of any voyager or big deluxe tanks? Not Brawl though.

8. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

Thanks, I'm working blind here as I do not have very many figures. Bulkhead's length might be a problem, but you have to remember that the tail fin can't be used for the combiner. You do bring up a good point about the Fallen though. Do you know of any tanks that would work? Bulkhead's the best vortex I can think of.

9. sUPERnATURAL

sUPERnATURAL Member

ya know if ya wanted to make it a realistic bruticus id make blast off a jet, i mean it would look better and make more sense, seriusly why would the military have a space shuttel, are they fightng martians? also you wouldnt have to make a cheap astroplane repaint.

10. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

That's what I was thinking. I was going along the lines of Cybertron Starscream in size. Although it would look an awful lot like Skywarp. Any voyager jets in mind? Not Armada screamer though.

11. SMOG

Blast Off as a space shuttle is sort of a classic... even if it doesn't completely fit with the military theme, it makes sense for his character and his team.

His military function IS "Space Warrior" and his profile makes mention of how he can remain in orbit and act as a communications relay or weapons platform for his teammates. I say stick with a shuttle mode. Or, if you feel the need to make him a jet, at least make him a realistic jet. Using a futuristic "space jet" a la Cybertron Starscream kind of defeats the purpose of having a military alt mode as well... :) 

As for a larger tank... there's a KO oversized Robotmasters Reverse Convoy that's about Voyager sized, and matches Brawl's design in a general way. If you can find one, that might work.

Otherwise there's Cybertron Defense Scattorshot/Universe Dropshot... there's a new version of that mold coming up in Universe (forget the name) that will even be in green. With a bit of kitbashing you could even replace his missile bays with a tank turret that splits down the middle instead.

E. Bulkhead would still be taller, but the Scattorshot mold would at least match him for bulk.

As for Bulkhead's chopper tail... if you don't mind giving up the spinning rotor gimmick in copter mode, you could always rig it so it folds up in robot mode or combined mode.

zmog

12. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    second on the shuttle mode. classics astrotrain would be awesome too.

13. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

I don't want to do Blastoff as a space shuttle. It's a cheesy idea, and the only space shuttles that I can recall are Classics Astrotrain and Armada Jetfire, and they don't fit the bill. Cybertron Starscream could be recoloured, and even though this is only a digibash project, somebody interested however could retool him to look more like a "shuttle."

I might look into Cybertron Scattorshot (the repaint is called Overload), I'm not interested in reverse convoy.

14. SMOG

Well, if it's only a digibash project, I guess the scale of the toys is irrelevant anyway right?

As for Blast Off, I'm just saying that it makes no sense to replace his shuttle alt mode with something more "realistic" and then use something completely space-age and unrealistic-looking instead (like Cyb. Starscream).

Not to mention the name "Blast Off" doesn't really fit non-space vehicles. Though admittedly, there aren't too many Shuttle figures available in the size you're working with. Astrotrain is too small, and Armada Jetfire is too big.

It's a shame about ReverseConvoy/G1 Megs... that mold is very close to being a dead ringer for G1 Brawl. Universe Overload is a pretty sweet figure though..

And no, the shuttle mode is not a "cheesy idea". :) 

zmog

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This is what I'm thinking about doing for an update of RID Ruination, which was just a repaint of G1 Bruticus, so the same molds, theoretically, could be used for the Combaticons.

[ATT]17569[/ATT]

Mega-Octane- Cy. Optimus Prime (could also be used for Onslaught)
    Ro-tor- Un. Blades (could also be used for Vortex)
    Movor- Un. Blaster (could also be used for Blast-Off)
    Rollbar- En. Cliffjumper (could also be used for Swindle)
    Armorhide- Un. Overload (could also be used for Brawl)

16. SMOG

That would work for a "futuristic" take on the team. The only issue I see there is that Energon Cliffjumper is pretty huge. It would make Swindle into a real bruiser. :) 

zmog

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Does this mean we will see a camo-type deco across the board?:thumbs2: 

I do like the vehicle choices, it will make for a very unique Brut...er, Ruination! I am slightly concerned with the size of Cliffjumper, as Smog pointed out! :thumbs2: 

I look forward to your other mold choices Kaltorako! Keep us posted!

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than parts of Prime's alt-mode and maybe parts of Cliffjumper's alt-mode (which both could be altered to be more realistic), I don't see how my idea would be a more futuristic take on them. All the other alt-modes are real. Personally I like the idea of Cliffjumper for Rollbar, though if you could recommend a better fitting Voyager class figure, I'd at least think about it.

Thanks. The only one's that I would give camo would be Mega-Octane and Armorhide, who both had a form of camo originally (which is what I'm going for). And like I told Smog, if you have any better ideas for a Voyager class figure for the role, I'm willing to consider them.

Edit: On a side note, The Fallen's alt-mode isn't very realistic, and is more futuristic than any of the bot's I'm considering.

19. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I see. I was always kinda partial to the "desert camo" on the Universe WalMart edition. Hmmmm...........*goes off to the shelves....

20. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

I just spotted the perfect figure for Swindle! It's Marvel Captain America, minus the shield and maybe a gun.

And by cheesy I mean it would be cheesy to repaint Astrotrain into Blastoff, but Blaster is a great idea.