my cliffjumper on ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by juggalowelder, Jun 27, 2006.

1. juggalowelder

juggalowelder Member

In case anyone is interested. I know most people here aren't into the g1 afa things but here's the link anyway.

LINKY LINK

:music 

2. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    Hey George, Im still laughing at this. :) 

3. juggalowelder

juggalowelder Member

at my headless cliffjumper?

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Did we ever prove this wasn't a KO?

5. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

wow... 283 bucks?? i gotta get stuff AFA graded! lol

6. juggalowelder

juggalowelder Member

it's not a knock off. i think people are jealous when others have nice g1 stuff and that's there only comeback.

and ya, get ur stuff graded and sell it. whether you like it or not, afa graded stuff is worth more on ebay.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If you're insinuating that I'm jealous of your find by asking if it's a KO, you're wrong. I could care less about it, and have no desire to own it whatsoever.

I only asked because I thought I read a thread about it where certain points were brought up that it could possibly be a KO.

As far as the AFA goes, I'm in the "AFA sucks, lies, mislabels, and is useless" camp.
    They are certainly falliable in regards to grading knock-offs as real, and they have done it before. They really aren't good for anything other than driving up the price for suckers who don't know any better. So yeah, get your stuff AFA graded if you enjoy making people pay way too much for an average item.

I'm NOT saying it IS a KO, I was just wondering if you had thoroughly investigated it.
    My pet peeve is people who sell KOs as the real deal and rip people off.

8. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    George- Yes at the head being closed. :) 
    Jason- Its official. I seen this myself. He bought it to one of our meets. George isn't a dishonest dude. Crazy but not dishonest.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    why is cliffjumper yellow?

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    There was a red Cliffjumper and a yellow cliffjumper. Same with bumblebee.

11. juggalowelder

juggalowelder Member

Being yellow is a variant. There is also red bumblebee's.

Why am I crazy tom? Funny yes, but the doctor said I'm not crazy, and I didn't even cheat on the test.

Some knockoff's are very good knockoff's and hard to tell. But most, (frenzy n lazerbeak) for example, one of them or both in some cases are a different color. Or I have seen some that their are words mispelt on the back. Many people might have knockoff's and never know it. I know someone (won't say any names) but he had a few really broken tf's and had some knockoffs. So he took them all apart, and remade them. You'll never know, the main body say's hasbro but the arms and legs are all from knockoff's. So in some cases, especially with loose items, unless you have owned it since day one, you might never know. That's why I'm into the sealed stuff.

Afa grading, the reason I like it, it helps preserve the item. Lets face it, I have 2 kids, and unless it's well protected, they'll destroy it. Especially carded figures, the smallest creases, or marks on the bubble. Crap like that. Plus I'm very anal when it comes to my toys. Ask tom about the ramhorn I sold him, the card/bubble/toy is completely flawless. Plus its unpunched. Never even made it to a store I think. You won't find a better carded figure ever.

I didn't mean to come off as a dick about my previous post with the afa thing, it's just I know alot of people personally that hated afa stuff than converted once they saw how much nicer the toy looked, how much safer it was, and obviously how much more valuable it became.

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Not being around in the 80's to say for sure, I'd say the Cliffjumper and bumblebee variant ratio was something like 2/3 regular and 1/3 variant. I can't say for sure, but judging by eBay selection, it would be about 2/3 to 1/3.

I'm getting at the fact that a yellow cliffjumper isnt all that hard to find.

13. juggalowelder

juggalowelder Member

ya, the fact that its a yellow variant doesn't mean anything to me. I just like the fact that he's headless.