Minor/Repaint: My Classics Jazz....and a question

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimusawesome, Sep 18, 2008.

1. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

Here are a few pics of the classics Jazz I am making. I was leaning twoards doing a rally car look with him kind of like what I did with my movie smokescreen(pictured) making him look more modern but before I commit I want some critical feed back.

So,What do you all think. Modern or classic?

****Update******

I finally got around to putting on some decals. Decided not to go the rally style after all but did add some decals that I hope add a little character. they are two frogs...one green and one red. I finally decided on the G1 look to keep it more clean but add a little more flare to it in the process with the frogs. Hope you like it.

The head is actually prowl's. I cut off the V shape plate thingies on the front of his head. trimmed them down and glued them to the side of the head. The Visor is sculpy with crazy glue coating to harden it instead of fireing it. I was too scared I would melt the origional head. If this cool process hardening works for the long term I will let you all know.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Oh, modern, def. Stick with the theme... :D 

3. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Its totally up to you but I would have to say modern. I did one of these a while back (actually in progress) and I was leaning toward the IDW Jazz from the Escalation storyline. Check it out. Oh, and great job by the way!

4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it is all what you like man. I am a classics guy so i would do classics but thats me.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I keep hearing about IDW Jazz. I wish I could see what he looked like.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

7. optimusawesome

looks like just plain white. no stripes... no numbers. am I correct? if so didn't they make that and call him meister?

8. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

No, in the actual comic, I think he has an all blue hood with an autobot sign in the middle.

9. optimusawesome

I finally got around to putting on some decals. Decided not to go the rally style after all but did add some decals that I hope add a little character. they are two frogs...one green and one red. I finally decided on the G1 look to keep it more clean but add a little more flare to it in the process with the frogs. Hope you like it.

The head is actually prowl's. I cut off the V shape plate thingies on the front of his head. trimmed them down and glued them to the side of the head. The Visor is sculpy with crazy glue coating to harden it instead of fireing it. I was too scared I would melt the origional head. If this cool process hardening works for the long term I will let you all know.

10. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    That is slick. You know this pile of 3-for-2 sunstreakers and prowls I'm planning to receipt-swap for wave 3 and beyond? I'm keeping one of the prowls now.

11. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    That is awsome!
    Nice work. I'm doing one right now as we speak. My only obstacle is that damn roof.

12. optimusawesome

The obsticle as you put it was quite a challange for me as well. I eventually made some plugs with sculpy (i just pressed it into the holes to get the shape, fired it to harden and cut them off of the mass that was fired) and used a screw to cecute it. Also a coat of epoxy to keep the plugs from working their way out.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I handled the roof by trimming the screw shaft off Prowl's light bar with a cutting disc, and fitting it back into the hole in the roof mount. Then I placed the roof back on the mount over the top, so as to get the positioning right, glued the white top plate into the roof, and dripped in a little superglue to bond the roof to the screw shaft. Once that had set, I mixed up a little Milliput epoxy putty to fill in the three holes, then sanded it down later.
    This way I can still screw and unscrew the roof if I have any call to.

14. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice job on the head. The paint job doesn’t look even. Not just in terms of it not being straight but also looks like it’s not evenly mixed. For example the blue seems darker on some spots while light on others.

15. optimusawesome

Yeah. I noticed that too. I guess I am not that good with the acrylics(lets not start the debate please) I will probably re do it with enamels and use tape to get better line quality.