Minor/Repaint: My Classics Gears

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

Well, I guess I'm on a roll now. First I made Classics Battletrap & Flywheels, and now here is my Classics Gears.

Gears is built using a Cybertron Hardtop. His head is off of a Movie Air Raid.

With this my '84 Classics Minibots are now complete. Click here to see the post with my other '84 Minibots/

Attached Files:

2. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Brilliant! I love it! It's actually the first Gears I see and you've done him quite well...not to say fu@£¤ng great!!!

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Cool, massdestruction. Very awesome work. congrats on that.

4. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Funny how Hardtop makes an interesting take on Gears.

Its funny, I'm gonna use a Cybertron Brushguard/Overhall for a Gears...but you used him for Brawn...where as I used the Strongarm mold for Brawn. Oh the choices we make.

5. Massdestruction

That's what makes this such a great hobby, seeing what somebody's unique vision is. And the greatest thrill is seeing a bash/repaint and saying "WOW, I never thought about that character with that mold".

If everyone used the same molds to make the same characters over and over again, it would soon become a very boring hobby. (example: Classics seekers. Sure we all have our own takes on them, but how many Thundercrackers can you look at and still feel excited?)

And hey, I saw your Brawn earlier today. Can't wait to see your Gears.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great work on these guys. Do you plan on making more Mini-bots? There are some really obvious ones based on the available scouts but I'd like to see you pull off something like you've done here. I've only seen Gears done from the Jeep-type mold, but I like this mold as Gears too

7. Massdestruction

I plan on making the Season 2 and after minibots as Minicons. I already made a Minicon Beachcomber out of Universe Dune Runner, a Minicon Seaspray out of Universe Waterlog and a Minicon Powerglide out of Universe Gunbarrel. As for Cosmos and Warpath, I plan to make a Minicon Cosmos out of a very mod-ed Cybertron Razorclaw (I like the way he can rotate on the minicon port / very flying saucer like) and a Minicon Warpath out of Classics Broadside. Then I'll tackle a Minicon Wheelie out of Classics Dirt Rocket. And if I eventually get to them: Minicon Hubcap from Cybertron Oval, Minicon Outback from Universe Ransack, Minicon Tailgate from Cybertron Spiral, Minicon Swerve from Cybertron Payload and Minicon Pipes from Cybertron Reverb.

I know that there are great scout mold choices for Powerglide, Seaspray, Beachcomber, Warpath, Outback and Pipes from Energon and Cybertron, but I'm just not ready to lay down another $50 when I already have so many spare minicons. Plus I like the idea of some of my Deluxe and Voyager Classics-style bashes to be able to use the Season 2+ Minibots as Minicon partners. I'm also doing the same thing with the Cassette Decepticons from Season 2+.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    where do all the extra car parts you made go in robot mode? I like how the alt mode looks all filled in.

9. Massdestruction

Well, the windshield/windows are blocked off and filled in. They are the dark blue areas on the outside of the shoulders. The truck bed sides just make for a deeper leg in robot mode. And the only other car part I made for him is the rear bumper/tailgate and that is part of the gun/shield.

Yeah, now the name Hardtop would make sense.:lol 
    The biggest pain was attaching the back tires to the new truck bed sides. But at least now the back tires line up more with the front tires.

10. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

:thumb  Nicely done!

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that is really wickid cool dude. I like the creative use of that mold

12. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Very cool. I love the G1'ing of the head kudos my friend!

13. plastic surgery

plastic surgery Well-Known Member

Very creative use, I really like it. I also like that Windcharger in the background. He looks very sleek as well.