Minor/Repaint: My Classics Armada: Cyclonus' little buddy

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

He was in the animated movie for only a few seconds and then disappeared forever raising many questions: Was he just a drawing error? Was he supposed to be Cyclonus' lackey like the Sweeps were to Scourge? Where the heck did he disappear to? And the endless debate - Was he Skywarp or Bombshell? Well, for the first time in 23 years, here is G1 Cylconus' little buddy Armada. He is the perfect compliment to 25th Anniversary Cyclonus that just came out.

He is made using Movie Air Raid. The head is the original head from Air Raid with the helmet sculpted using Mighty Putty and the "ears" coming from a pair of earbud headphones. The mod also required the removal of the fins from his chest plate and reattaching them onto his lower legs. Also his autobot symbols were scraped/sanded off. his forearm wings were also rotated. His two weapons: Double barreled handgun and short sword are made using the energon weapon spear that came with Air Raid. Those weapons then combine and slide onto the back of his head to form the cockpit and nose of the jet in vehicle mode.

The paints were all custom mixed with the exceptions of the yellow and the red. The dark blue/purple paint was custom mixed with silver added to make the paint metallic.

Attached Files:

2. knownasx

knownasx onebotarmy

nice work paint apps look good

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That looks really good. That's a cool idea.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    neat project, good paints, too. May I suggest you put a hinge on the new nosecone, so it folds downward, to be on his back? Would make him complete I think, by avoiding all parts-forming :) 

5. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

I had considered that idea. I try and avoid parts-forming like the plaque, but there were some factors with this mold that made it necessary. If I had used a hinge, it would have had to be connected to the back of the head (like Classics Starscream) since it couldn't be hinged to the body without some major modifications. The only problem with connecting it to the head would be that it would severely limit any head rotation. Whenever possible, I like to keep the head articulation intact. So I tried the next best thing by making the parts weapons. (Heck, they did it with Classics Prime's windvane, so it's not unheard of) The gun is fine, but I agree the nosecone/short sword is a little bit of a stretch. I had considered attaching the two halves of the nosecone to the wings like the original mold did, but they don't really serve a purpose there and then it truly would be a parts former.

So, generally I try and avoid parts-forming but will allow it if those parts are weapons in robot mode.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Love what you did with the transformation. This put a smile on my face.