Digibash: My car as Barricade 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Josh, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hehe

did a little photoshopping fun

went from this
    [​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]

my car would make one sexy decepticon xD
    [of course, my car lacks the sexy wide/low body kit but still xD]
    wEE :p 

2. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

:thumb 

3. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

Josh you should do a tutorial and show how you did that.
    At least show me how to repaint stuff.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hehe, well basically whati did was i took the image and duplicated it. i would modify the duplicate and keept he original beneath it just to see how much of a difference there would be:p 

but anyways, my first step was getting rid of the white graphics on the sides

so what i did is i used the polygonal lasso [you can use the regular one if you want. thats just the one i prefer] and selected little chunks of area i wanted to take the white out of. so what i did was use the color picker and the airbrush and paint over the white. tried to blend the areas and match the colors as best as i could. [i also used just the eraser to take that back fin off the car too. nothin special there]

so yeah. thatleft me with just the red car. so what i did to make it black-ish was i opened the hue/saturation window and first chose to edit "red" [instead of the default "master". this way i only adjust the red color and nothing else]. so basically what i did was i moved the slider to a more blue/green color. brought the saturation pretty far down and brought the lightness all the way down. now it wasnt what iw anted yet so after modifying the red i went and modified the yellow. did pretty much the same as i did with the red and it pretty much left me with the color i have there. so i have a black scion [which coincidentally also made the blinkers black. so what i did was just took the eraser and erased the black blinkers letting the regular orange color show through from the layer underneath

so yeah. next was making the door white [which was pretty tough. its hard to make a darker color lighter :p 

so i used the lasso and selected the door, then used the brightness/contrast menu [under image>adjustments>brightness/contrast and just tweaked withthat until i got kind of whati wanted. now it wasnt quite having the contrast i wanted so i used the burn tool to contrast-ulate the parts that looked kinda fake from messing with it. so yeah. that was pretty much what i wanted. from there i took the police emblems and pasted them on there, using the transform>distort function to get them to line up [essentially] right. i cut/pasted the police lightbar from another pic and transform>distorted it to fight right. set up another layer over it all and set it to hard light, then with the airbrush i lightly brushed in the orange and blue glows. flattened the pic, did some color balance tweaking and voila.

thats essentially it xD

hope it helps :D 
    mostly thats just what i do. ill take the pic, either leave it and adjust the hue/saturation, or sometimes i take the pic, desaturate it, then use the hue/saturation/colorize and pic my colors that way. and yeah. thats pretty much how i recolor pics [although i dont do it too often. im sure theres probably better ways to go about it :p ]

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

nice

6. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Josh, do a repaint for Hot Rod! maybe use a Jaguar XK or some other car?

7. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

cool

8. 04GHOST

04GHOST Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very Cool:thumb  Id like to see what my Lightning would look like done up like Barricade.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    looks like it would make a cool runamuck or runabout.

10. Half_Bot

Half_Bot Well-Known Member

I second that!

11. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Dude, this is S-L-I-C-K!!! Great work. And yeah, it was fun reading your approach to compare whether or not I'd have approached it similarly. One question. For that ever so soft glow to the image, did you duplicate>gaussian blur>then lighten?

Great job and I had NO idea you had THAT scion! That is a P-I-M-P ride! I'd go without the spoiler though, when you do hook it up. Nice body kit and rims.

- GWX

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is too cool!....

I always have liked the tC.....too bad we didnt get an Alt of it....

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i know

when hasbro did the xB i was crossin my fingers big time for a tC alternator

alas :\

hehe. but yeah

thanks G-dub ;) 
    my car is still pretty stock but man do i dig that body kit and them rims. im half tempted to turn my car into something like that police one. looks so cool xD

hehehe

and yeah. i duplicate the layer, gaussian blur it a little then i hit ctrl>f and choose lighten [though i dont think it matters if you do it there or in the layers menu or whatever]. i usually bring the opacity down to like 40% or so so the glow isnt too overpowering. i've been doing that to pretty much all the comic pages i been doin lately. just love the soft rich feel it gives :D 

14. Bombhunter

Bombhunter Merciless Always

I like the idea! I took a shot at it real quick... Here's my car:
    [​IMG]

I went with the slicktop...no lightbar, and left the wheels chrome instead of going all black. I'll do that later on.

15. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    All I can say is...you've both inspired me! Taht Trans Am looks killer as a cop car...I would shit a brick if I saw that in my rear view...

Here's my car (or a picture of the same car I have from the Internet) as Barricade. My lightbar didn't turn out as cool as yours...nor am I good enough with photoshop to figure out how to make the lights "turn on."

[​IMG]

16. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I like the scion one but I would rather not show off my 97 cavalier as barricade on here its not ready yet lol.

17. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Is it a Z24? or just a regular Cavalier?

18. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

oh its just a normal Cavalier, I got it a couple weeks ago( 16th birthday present). Its really plain jane right now I want to do some work to it.

19. Bombhunter

Bombhunter Merciless Always

Worked on it a little more this morning:
    [​IMG]

20. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    haha I was gonna say I thought you posted pics of your car when you first bought and it didn't have the kit...

so... when does this repaint of your car really happen so I can know when to come over?