My Breakdown Backstory.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jul 16, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I was thinking about how WFC Breakdown was so small and paranoid but became the TFP big bad Breakdown. That made me think up a small backstory for him.

I thought perhaps Breakdown was in a Decepticon base on Cybertron when the Wreckers attacked.The Decepticon forces where easily broken down and scattered by the Autobot commandos.

Breakdown was hiding somewhere from the Autobots when the young and violent Bulkhead found him. BD pleads for mercy but being young and a wrecker Bulkhead attacks and severely injures BD. Bulkhead is about to kill him when Decepticon reinforcements attack and fight off the Wreckers.

The reinforcements medic, Knockout, tells the Cons to search for survivors. Knockout comes across BD and orders some troops to pick him up because he might survive but the commander (perhaps screamer) reminds Knockout that Megatron has no tolerance for small bots who get beaten.

Breakdown pleads for Knockout to rescue him and that he wants to be not just be repaired but rebuilt into a much stronger mech, so he can later get revenge on Bulkhead. After a little while Knockout gives in and personally helps BD make it to the other base.

Breakdown is eventually rebuilt into his TFP design and is in debt to Knockout and becomes his friend (or as close to friends as Cons get). Breakdown, no longer paranoid due to new strength, proves himself a capable worrier and earns himself a place in Megatrons elite.With the help of Soundwave he identifies the Wrecker who attacked him and tracks him down.

Bulkhead receives a threat that his mentor and friend Ironhide has been captured and will be executed unless he goes to specified coordinates. Bulkhead arrives to find two Decepticons with Ironhide. Breakdown reveals who he is and Bulkhead, once he remembers, tries to reason with BD and explain that he was young and he now regrets what he did and that Breakdown wasn't killed. BD doesn't listen and know that if Con reinforcement hadn't arrived, he'd be dead. He kills Iron Hide and attacks Bulkhead but tells his partner, Knockout, not to attack as he wants his personal revenge. Bulkhead, angered by Ironhides death fights hard but is matched by Breakdown, remembering how small and scared he was.

They battle long and hard until Team Prime arrives to help Bulkhead. BD and KO escape. Both Bulkhead and Breakdown vow revenge.

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Guess you didn't get the memo on the Same Continuity Family but each doing their own thing.

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Not a bad idea. It could be a bit of an unexpected twist if Bulkhead was somehow involved in why Breakdown became a Decepticon.

Breakdown could have been a neutral in the beginning (hence his yellow optics rather the 'cons' red or the 'bots' blue), but by some unfortunate event caused unintentionally by Bulkhead, he is swayed or forced to join the Decepticons, vowing vengeance on Bulkhead. He later causes misery for Bulkhead and their rivalry begins.

Could work. Either that or Breakdown could be an ex-Wrecker that betrayed the group to join the Decepticons for some reason, which would be why Bulkhead particularly hates him.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Breakdown toughened up and became a man.

I'm guessing Bulkhead use to bully him when he was a little guy and then Breakdown beated Bulkhead up and thus the rivalry began.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The way Bulkhead spoke to Miko in a much more understanding and gentler tone of voice makes me think Breakdown killed someone important to Breakdown. It just seemed like the tone of voice I would expect when explaining to a little kid the true death and scope of the 9/11 attacks for example. Breakdown caused something in Bulkhead to snap. Just what was it...