Heavy/Scratch: My Breakaway neck mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Jun 28, 2010.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Here's the mod I came up with to get Breakaways head raised above the front windshield. I used the Armada Minicon, Sureshock, (the orange scooter used to create Perceptor) shoulder joint.

It attaches to the rear windshield hinge point. With some cutting inside the cockpit, for space, the head now stores upside down. The only limitation to the Alt mode is that the landing gear cannot be placed in the forward storage position. It always has to go back. Not a problem for me.

If you have big fingers, it can be a little tough getting the head flipped up and rotated but it ends up in the perfect location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I botched up the other shoulder so I don't know if it would work for Thrust. His head will need modified since it has to much plastic in the back and the color of the shoulder joint won't match Thrust like it does Breakaway. Some black dye might do the trick

Attached Files:

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Imo, this is the best Breakaway neck mod so far.

Can he still look from side to side ?

3. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

He has full 360 degree rotation. It has the shoulder ball joint (from Armada Sureshock) as his neck

4. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I did something similiar a while back, would take a photo but I sold him to a board member recently!