My brand spanking new toy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

[​IMG]

I'd take a pic of the actual car but right now, I have a loaner. My wife gave me the go-ahead today to get a new vehicle. Since I already did my shopping around, I was able to go in and if the price was right, get what I wanted. And I did.

Earlier this week, my wife showed interest in the cars I was looking at. Though I get GM employee discount, I was more excited about the Dodge Calibur and would get it for the same cost as the discounted GMs I was looking at. Then Thursday, she put an abrupt stop to my car shopping. We barely talked at all friday and this morning until she found out some information on going back to school. Because it was different from the original plan, she said I can go ahead and she trusts me. Only one stipulation, the car cannot be red, yellow, or orange.

At the dealership, they had the car I wanted optionwise. Problem, it was red or orange. We had 2 options, find the one I wanted or upgrade one of the base models with power options and cruise control. Well cruise wouldn't be avaliable for upgrade for a month or so. So we searched around and found a silver one. I was amused at this because all the cars I have had except my current one have been silver.

Next was cost. The cost of the car was easily worked out, the trade in was another story. They were offering practically nothing for my car. A measly 1500 for the upgraded 1998 Cutlass fully loaded. I was expecting at least 3G. They made their points, I made mine. We settled at $2100. This with my downpayment put me EXACTLY at the monthly payment I wanted.

Now the kicker was that for the sale to count for today, I needed to drive off the lot today. So I got a temporary one. In order to have some fun and get back at my wife, the salesman and I decided my temporary one would be, of course, red.

Well my wife called to find out how i was faring. I of course lied and said it was a no go and I'd be there to pick her up. First i got the giggly "You son of a bitch! You got a new car. I can't believe you" All i nthe funny laughing way. Then I said "So how do you like the color?" Well let me tell you, the look I got about the color would burn through lead. Of course i was off the hook when I told her why but it was still a good enough payback for the day plus long argument from earlier.

So yea, I'm extatic and tomorrow I'll be cruising around all friggin day. And of course real car pics when I actually get it.

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

sounds like you had a good time. how's the built in cooler work?

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    COOL! I love the looks of the small Calibre, and I think it would be a perfect Alternators Bumblebee.

Being a "foreign" car fan, I always question the reliability of some of the "domestic" brands like Daimler-Chrysler, GM, and Ford. Sure, some of the domestic vehicles may be reliable, but look at Consumer Guide or some of the other sources.

I have no doubts, though, that your car will be a reliable and trustworthy vehicle. I like the Calibre, but from a car wreck in a Chevy Metro, I don't feel comfortable in small compact cars. I need a medium to large pickup or SUV. :) 

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice wheels, congrats!

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

You spelled "spanking" wrong. You fail! I demand you tender your car for this atrocity.

6. Wreckgar

I know not what you mean. HAHAHA!!! So no, no car for you.

I haven't tried the beverage thing yet. I'll let you know how it is. Wasn't really a motivating factor in buying a car but since i have it, mught as wekk use it.

And I have always had domestic cars. My uncle worked for GM so my family gets his employee pricing plus whatever incentives dealers are offering. My 3 cars have been an 84 Chevy Celebrity, an 88 Beretta, and a 98 Olds Cutlass. The Cutlass was the only one I had problems with. The Beretta was fantastic and the Celebrity was finally disposed of in 98. My grandpa bought it new, he died in 91 so my uncle took it and actually just let it sit so it rusted a lot, as in the door could be peeled back. But the damn thing still ran great when I got it in 96/97. So I have had great luck with american.

7. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Nice station wagon.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    VROOM VROOM baby!:thumb 

9. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    When I buy my first new car I won't roll it off the lot till I place an autobot or decepticon logo somewhere on it.

10. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Congrats buddy.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Congrats, getting a new car is always an adrenaline rush!

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That Dodge Caliber is sooo much better than the Ford Focus.

Nice wheels, Wreckgar.

13. Wreckgar

I keep thinking that all hatchbacks are really stationwagons. This however doesn't quite fit. It's more like a very small SUV than anything. The gourd clearance is incredible. Also, the truck in very small, I think like 4 feet deep, if that.

14. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    It's not a station wagon? I though ... oh wait, no. I was thinking of the Magnum.

I think station wagons are great; my grandfather had one, my dad had one, and I have a Jeep Cherokee which is a station wagon built like a truck.

15. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    You should have gotten one in silver and black, though you'd probably have to mount a gatling gun somewhere for it to look right. Congrats on your new ride.

16. Wreckgar

Yea, all the magnum needs are some wood panels on the side. No matter what they put under the hood, it's still a Charger Wagon.

My dad has a Cherokee. I loved driving the thing.