My Botcon Thundercracker has two of the same launchers...just like Dirge back in '07.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Ginrai, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Okay, first off let me say that I am a TF Collector Club member and I have gone to two cons ('07 and '10) but could not go this year due to business/work commitments. That was a plus though because I really wasn't feeling any of the toys, even Galvatron. Just wanted my Thundercracker to go with my club ramjet and other seekers, but bought both SG TC and Galvatron together to have the appropriate "set".

I purchased a set on ebay for $170 shipped, again not too bad and seeing as I didn't blow thousands this year going to the con, I can deal with blowing $170. Bummed that I didn't get to see a lot of the great people at past cons more than anything.

The nice guy on ebay I got them from had 5 TC/Galvy sets along with a bunch of multiples of the other con sets. He is not sure if FunPub offered the "swap for your correct part" like they did for Dirge in '07, or if they even announced this was a problem with SG TC toys.

We both are not sure if FunPub would help me out because I was not the original buyer. He said he is contacting his other buyers to see if they had the problem, and will arrange a swap with us part for part. He also said if FunPub tells me they can't help me, he will contact them directly and try to handle it. I will be calling FunPub in the morning and will post an update.

Did anyone else have this problem, or did FunPub make an announcement about it?

Also how do we tell the difference between L and R on classics seeker launchers?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I heard about this recently, I had that set about 2 years ago but then i sold it and my Thundercracker had two left launchers

3. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Yup, lots of '07 sets had the issue but I am talking about the 2011 SG Thundercracker here.

4. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

Sorry... but coincidentally I have that version (ya I love that mold so i bought the repaints) but mine has the right and left launchers.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You have it now? Was yours sealed when you got it and it had the two launchers?

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    There was a stand right outside the entrance to the dealer room where you could exchange any of the BC figures if they had any flaws. I swapped my TC as the first one had a droopy wing, badly stressed fist, and the chest piece wouldn't go down into bot mode. Swapping him was just a matter of having a fiddle with a few until I found one I was happy with. :)  TC was the most returned figure, most of the other returned figs were Sideswipes and Breakdowns for arms popping off (they all do that), and Motormasters for paint apps.

If Funpub won't swap the parts with you, they will with the original buyer.

7. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Bump for Pics. Sorry they are not that great, iphone did the best it could trying to see through four layers of plastic baggies. Yes as you see in the second pic, outer bag is still sealed and figures in inner bags are untouched.

I'll have to check those issues out. I have only had a problem with one figure when I attended in past years, but like I said I was not an attendee this year. I was going to open this set when my G2 Ramjet came in, but I guess I will open it early to check on the QC issues/other flaws you mentioned. I am not going to open it until I talk to FunPub first and see what they say on the launcher, and then let them know if there are any defects/issues with the figure.

8. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I had to exchange my Breakdown due to bad paint apps as well. I did not think to check my Thundercracker's launchers though, knowing full well about '07s mixed up launchers. I completely forgot about it and now I'll have to do that when I get home...:eek: 

If I come up on a duplicate launcher, I'll let you know.

edit: My launchers are correct. Sorry I couldn't help out but I hope you find someone to swap you out.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  11. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

12. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks. Hope you find someone to swap with. Glad mine is A ok.

13. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup I definitely have 2 right launchers as well :( 

14. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    Hella SUc!