My Botcon Thank you Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by warriorpriest, Apr 28, 2008.

1. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    This was my first Botcon and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I have really enjoyed myself. My family had a wonderful time. With that being said I wanted to say thank you to everyone for helping me not feel lost in the crowd and to actually have someone to talk to. I hope to see you again in person sometime in the future. If anyone is every in the Morgatown WV area please let me know. :D  It has been a blast!!! So again everyone thank you for helping me adjust. I would to personally thank the following people, ( if I forgot your Screenname just tell me and I will gladly add it to the list as some of you I knew via face and not screenname.)

First a warm thank you to Vangelus and his mom for putting up with me and my kids. He truely helped me not feel like I was a fish out of water. I hope your mom had fun on her birthday. Tell her we said hi.

A special thank you to Hi_Q as he was the first TFW person I met and made me feel at home.

A special thank you to MegaMus and his partner in crime (insert lame joke here) gen1fan for a wonderful parts party and good deals on stuff. I GOT THIS BOX OF JUNKERS FOR CHEAP!! remember that?? LOL!

And also I would like to thank the following people for making me feel like part of the family:

DMK a very special thank you!
    Draven a very special thank you!
    Lupis Convoy (who loved my bar exclusives so much that he had me sign his badge) a very special thank you!
    TrickyDisco
    Liokasier
    shibamura_prime
    Sidecutter
    xZOAx
    King_Grimlock

I hope everyone had a wonderful time. I hope you all enjoyed the bar exclusives i was handing out. If you did not get one I am sorry. Of course that is what makes them exclusive.... limited numbers. ;) 

Peace and again thank you!!!!!
    WarriorPriest

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I had a great time, too. Nice to meet you, and thanks for the free shwag :D 

3. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey dude, glad you had a good time.

Edit: Nevermind - saw you saying you were in the front of the parts party pic. I remember ya now :D 

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Glad you had a great time man. It was awesome to see you and your family.

5. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

"bar exclusives"..."parts parties"? I've really got to go to one of these *cons sometime so I know what the hell you lot are jabbering about.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I love my Cheeseburger Dinosaur! It's seriously earned a spot on my exclusives shelf, which I'll prove once I get off my lazy ass and get pics of my collection room. XD

7. warriorpriest

News Credits:

Yes you must. I want to see that. :D 

8. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh I see how it is, and somethimes here the partner in crime, LOL

I'm glad that you had a blast at Botcon, and hopefully you will be able to come to next years show as well. Maybe wishfully thinking but I hope it's up in pitttsburgh, pa so I can see some family members as well. Well I pm you cause there maybe be some items I will need for customs down the road

9. warriorpriest

News Credits:

Opps, sorry I was typing so fast I forgot to put your name in. It will be corrected as of right now. ;)  As far as the lame joke goes, that was not about you it was about the phrase 'partner in crime'. ;) 
    Hopefully!! If it is in Pitts I know I will be there. :D  :D  :D 

10. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Yes you must go. to help you out I will define the phrases for you.

Parts Party- A get together in a hotel room where 'con attendees swap, buy, and/or sell TFs. The transaction can be for a complete, incomplete, ok condition, destroyed, piece and/or weapons of said TF and/or other TF goodness such as KOs, bar exclusives (see below), mugs, hats, etc.

Bar Exclusives*- An "Exclusive" toy handed out to fellow TFW2005 members by someone that has a whole bunch of transforming toys and wants to share with his fellow board members. These toys do not have to be made or endorsed by hasbro. They can be KOs, older Mcdonald toys that transform into dinosaurs, or whatever else may be on hand. They are just handed out in the spirit of friendship and to make everyone have a goodtime.

*- The Bar exclusive was started by me, and hopefully it will become a new TFW2005 tradition. So if next year if I am unable to go can someone please get me the bar exclusive?? ;) 

Hope that helps you out.
    Peace

11. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

A special thanks to Hollywood Hoist, for accepting my chip donation. Hope you got somethign cool at the Auction.

To shibamura_prime for his Award winning entry in the animation, and the Dvd.

And Optimus Sourge and VA Witch for at least talking to me at the bar.

12. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, he got something pretty cool. I'll let him tell ya though ;-)

13. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Warriorpriest, you also met me and Siberian29 and his GF at Champs during the party. Thanks again for the Bar Exclusive!

Thanks to everyone for being great to talk too. Looking forward to my next one.

14. siberian29

siberian29 New Member

Hey Wallace it's Bob. Botcon was a Blast it was great to meet you, your wife and your boys. Its awesome that they are so into Transformers and customizing like you. And I stopped at 7 stores on the way home with not one animated sighting so that Starscream was a no go.

15. warriorpriest

News Credits:

Oh well. Thanks though. My friend was happy to get the prowl for his sons birthday.

16. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    No sweat. I am glad to have met everyone. Enjoy your exclusive. lol ;) 

17. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    let me know if there was anyjunker Dinobots in that box you bought from Megamus I did not get a chance to look at it before you bought it. let me kow Please

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Say what?

19. warriorpriest

News Credits:

I bought a box of junkers from MegaMus. that is what he is asking about.

gen1fan I am sending you a PM.

20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I'll say thanks to everyone who bought a TFW polo/hat/t-shirt or one of our other polos. I hope you all enjoy them.

To everyone else...you suck!

I kid, I kid.

Thanks for everyone for helping Kristen have a great birthday, she really had a great time Friday.