My Bloody Valentine 3-D

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Omegatron, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, the 3-D horror movie. I don't remember what the last one was, but I think it was Nightmare on Elm Street 5 (The Dream Child?). But, 3-D horror hasn't been done with digital film before, and this was very well done. Sure, it's still a crappy horror movie, but it's a crappy horror movie with the pickax coming at you. Lots of fun 3-D shots, and even some 3-D boobies. You know, for those of you who like that sort of thing. I don't recommend seeing any sort of 2-D version of this film, but the extra dimension actually makes this movie tons of fun.

Naturally, try to avoid the film the first couple of nights to avoid the idiots yelling at the screen and txting 'OMG IM SOOOOO SCRD,' but a matinee show should allow one to fully enjoy the film.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

:::Waits for the usual "Oh noes Hollywood is out of ideas and needs to stop remakes" comments:::

Looks fun, I love the original. They should remake April Fool's Day now.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sold!

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Digital 3D horror? BAH!!!

I want a theatrical re-release of Jaws 3-D.

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    3D upper female parts??? :crazy: 

No.

There's lines of decency with me. This movie's just crossed one. :mad 

Yeah, not seeing this.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I'm up for boobies like the next guy but this movie doesn't look that great to me.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ive been waiting to see a thread on this. My 2 reasons as to why I will not see this: 1. Its a remake of an awful movie and 2. If I wanted to see a movie in digital 3D, this would be one of the furthest from my mind.

8. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Harry Knowles just spoiled what I think is one of the "shock" scenes in the film in one of his oh so clever gifs.
    Still, I must watch this film!

9. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On-screen boobies = good.
    Horror movie remake = bad.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    My wife and I went with her sister and brother-in-law over the weekend, and it wasn't too bad. A little formulaic and predictable, but kinda fun and moderately entertaining. An 'okay' sort of popcorn-munching horror flick.

The 3D boobs were disappointing. If you're going to show boobs in 3D, at least make sure they're big. Simon Cowell has bigger boobs than the chick in this film.

However, the boobies scene is also the funniest one in the film, especially on account of the extended gratuitous full frontal and rear-al nudity.

There was actually a moment where I jumped a little -- everyone in the theater did -- at one of the death scenes. But it was more of an involuntary reaction to liquid being sprayed at your eyes in real life. With the 3D glasses, it was at least that convincing.

My major complaint with the movie is that one of the lead actors, Jensen Ackles, has apparently been studying at the Keanu Reeves School of Acting. I swear, he sounded like Keanu the entire film and it was so danged distracting. I was just thinking it near the beginning when my wife leaned over and said, "Why is that guy trying to sound like Keanu Reeves?"

If you're going to see this movie, go watch it at the dollar theater. It's not good enough to be worth the full admission price, and depending on the theater they'll charge you $2-3 for the 3D glasses.

It also won't look as good on DVD or Blu-Ray later because as I understand it not even HD TV sets can reproduce what you see from the digital film in the theater.

11. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Me and the wife watched this tonight. Had to drive 40 minutes so we could watch it in 3D. It was decent, not bad, but not that great either. The 3D stuff was cool as hell. My wife jumped really good once, tried to get out of the way of a flying object. It was funny to see her head jerk to the side all of a sudden. :lol 

The movie was filmed 20 minutes from where I live, in Kittanning PA. The bridge in the shots of the town is the same one they used in Mothman Prophecies.

12. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

boobies: useless w/o 3d glasses!

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

You just made my day with this Comment alone. That's how he sounds on Supernatural anways.