My Blackout/Soundwave/Frenzy theory...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by @l3x, Dec 29, 2006.

1. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mmk so I have this theory regarding Blackout, Soundwave, and Frenzy.

- Frenzy was not originally Soundwave. He was Frenzy.

- Blackout was originally Soundwave. Way back before this film really started, it was said (maybe just heavily rumored, I don't remember) that Soundwave would be a helicopter in the movie. There was controversy over whether Soundwave should be a copter. They decided to change the helicopter character into Blackout.

- Blackout has a couple suspicious similarities to Soundwave that were revealed in the trailer. The first is that he lets out a giant "soundwave" on that military base (it explodes out of him and shatters glass and what not). The second is Blackout's "pilot," whose glitching hologram reveals a robotic structure beneath the pilot's image. Some people believe that the pilot is actually Frenzy. If this is true, then it leads me to my next observation:

- Frenzy is inside a helicopter transformer (who uses "soundwaves" as weapons), and Soundwave was originally a helicopter in this film. Even though many fans didn't want Soundwave to be a helicopter in the movie, they still wanted the character to be in the film. Consequently, the writers turned Soundwave into Blackout and Frenzy into Soundwave. This is where the story we've heard begins.

- We all know the rest of the story (The writers turned Soundwave [back] into Frenzy and plan on using Soundwave in the sequels).

So yeah, that's my theory. I realize I have no evidence, but it makes sense to me. I don't think the writers lied about it, I just think they only gave us the last chapter of the story.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    But in the script and the toy Frenzy is pared with Barricade and the jury seems to still be out on exactly what the glichy hologram really is.

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

It's possible that it's Rumble, if they have one, why not the other.

4. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

For what it's worth, Soundwave was supposed to be a news chopper...

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

it wasnt a soundwave, I thought it was emp

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Precisely, hence the name "Blackout".

7. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm... I suck :poop 

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

dont be to hard on yourself there chief

9. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    I'll say it again. Blackout, Barricade and Frenzy all started life as Soundwave.

Roberto Orci stated that originally, Scorpinok (linked to Blackout) would have been Ravage 'when they still had Soundwave in the script', and coupled with the early talk of Soundwave being a helocopter, it's easy to see the Blackout was once Soundwave.

In the *first* script that was leaked, one that still had Arcee in it, Soundwave was a hummer. In the second leaked script, that Hummer had been replaced by a cop-car who became Barricade.

Finally, in the second leaked script, Frenzy was labeled as Soundwave.

Due to fan bitching on all three of these attempted alt-modes for Soundwave, he ended up being dropped completely, and saved for a sequal.

They shoulda stuck with the helocopter.

10. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I think cop car could have worked. I mean it at least has a megaphone and siren. Those are sound related at least.

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I agree. I could live with Soundwave cop car.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could probably have lived with Soundwave as any of the previous incarnations, but I think ultimately I'm happiest with the current situation, as you avoid the pitfall of tacking a G1 name on a potentially ill-fitting character.

13. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

How'd this be for a "WTF?" ending:

The 'cons are defeated, and the Autobots transform and "roll out" and we pan back and see a new 'copter coving it all. And we see a glimpse of a Decepticon logo on his side.

14. Wiggyof09

While interesting, I think it would be a bad idea to have another copter. I suppose they would be different enough, but I'd rather Soundwave get a different alt form. His should be rather unique I think. A survaliance van as suggessted in another thread would work, unless they made him some kind of hand held device...and really really small.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The hologram is exactly that: a hologram. If you recall from the script, Bumblebee & Barricade also both use hologram drivers... which are the exact same "guy" that Blackout uses. The script made it sound like that image is the standard template of a human that all the TF's on Earth use throughout the film - that being a guy with a moustache.

16. Wiggyof09

That does not explain the robot looking thing seen during the flash though. They might all use it, but perhaps in Blackout's case it is used to hide a Frenzy like character.

17. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

They can always make him a prototype military vehicle in the next one since the military are developing sonic weapons (which have a range of darn nifty effects on both organic and non-organic). Yeah, those crazy kids over at DARPA, what will they think up of next ;) 

18. indecks

indecks Banned

Soundwave should be a PA system, lol.

19. tobor

tobor Member

I like the Soundwave as a sinister, black surveillance van idea , but I'll go one step further. As much as it may seem a bit heretical to Soundwaves original character design why not make him a combiner so that he truly stands out from the pack? Have him be both a surveillance van and surveillance copter. He is his own spy network. Surveying the air and the ground. Both vehicles sharing the same cold, calculating mind. When it comes time to make his move on the unsuspecting target he's been tailing, the copter descends upon the van and the two vehicles combine to become one giant, terrifying robot that just happens to speak with Soundwaves iconic voice.

Of course, there would be plenty of room in the back of the van for a couple of familair minions. Lazerbeak as a smaller spy drone that can be deployed and fly more unnoticably than Soundwaves larger and more conspicuous copter component. And when a target decides to flee where Soundwave may not be able to follow...well, just release the hounds or in soundwaves case, the robot jaguar. Cue, Ravage.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I always thought Frenzy was called Soundbyte.

But great arguement for Blackoput being Soundwave.

Thanx
    Transbot90210