My Biggest Problem with the series

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by MrSoundwaveGuy, Apr 29, 2012.

1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I've really been trying to enjoy Transformers Prime because I think it has a lot of potential to be a great show. But there's problems the series has that just hold it down so much, the biggest for me being:

It feels like the same thing happens EVERY week

Every episode feels the same. There's no excitement or suspense. The Decepticons/Autobots go out looking for some Energon/artifact/macguffin and then there's a fight between the two factions (which feel choreographed exactly the same every episode)

The series tries to have an epic scope but when the same thing happens every episode, it's just boring. And what exactly is going on in the show anyways? What is the main goal of the Decepticons right now besides getting the new macguffin every week, and what's the main goal of the Autobots besides stopping them every week?

I don't mind if the show goes in a more episodic approach but it needs to tell more interesting stories. It also doesn't help that the majority of the characters are so dull. It you're gonna use many of the same characters we've been seeing so much of the past few years then you have to do something interesting with them! (Although I do hate the way the TF fandom throws around the word "character development" as if all that needs to be done is give more screentime to a character and then they'll become more interesting and deep)

I didn't mean to type this much or sound too negative, it just disappoints me that the show is 37 episodes in (almost the complete run of Animated) and has done very little to prove itself as a great show.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see what you mean.

4. Deltus

Deltus 異種

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

[​IMG]

Rescue Bots FTW

6. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    They are all waiting for the Fate, giving, bringing, them an opportunity to "Win The War Once And For All".

And if the episodes were that interesting, some of us would suffer from the addiction to see new episodes more often.

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I'm sure people have been saying this since around mid-Season 1.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  9. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

It will probably change near the end of the season like season 1 did. But I do see what you mean. They should change the story sometimes.

EDIT: Actually, there's been times in Season 2 where the story has changed up. like the Orion Pax episodes or the Nemesis Prime episode.

10. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly why I dislike this show.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You must have missed Crossfire.

12. megapork

megapork Cheese

Crossfire was mostly predictable except for the elimination of Brakedown.

13. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Yep. I predicted Airachnid going rogue, Dreadwing showing an independent streak, Starscream being mortally wounded, and Starscream freeing Arcee.

Oh yeah, and FUCKING INSECTICONS. I totally saw that coming.

14. megapork

megapork Cheese

If you had read or watched any of previews then it would be a given about the singular insecticon. Though I admit my misgivings concerning the hive. The previous episode had Dreadwing disobey direct orders, he obviously has an independent streak. Airachnid going rogue can be seen a mile away the minute megatron asked soundwave to remind him of her "trustworthiness". With the build-up airachnid has had since season 1's finale, Her going rogue was only a matter of time. Starscream gets hurt in almost every episode he appears in.

Lastly, though I hate to admit it, Cuad's Starcee pairing is kinda being built up to though not his extent of course. Since Partners, I kinda did expect the two to double team airachnid.

15. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I don't turn my brain off to critically think any show :O a lot of people I suspect probably pick apart every little thing in the shows they watch. I bet if prime was animated instead of cg people wouldn't be so critical on it :L Its a damn show about giant robots fighting and thats how I see it.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Invalid argument.

If you read or watch spoilers, YES, the episode is going to be easier to predict. :rolleyes: 

If someone told you Darth Vader was Luke's father before you saw Empire Strikes Back the first time, then yeah, you can see it a mile away. Going in unspoiled, not so much.

But that is part of the genius of Animated, as much as I had a hard time warming up to the aesthetic. Because of the art style and lighter, more humorous tone used for Animated, it lets you make all kinds of allowances for the show. It's built in to the show itself. But with a show that tries to take itself a lot more seriously, like Prime, that becomes a lot harder.

17. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Legit enough :p  I just don't question stuff as much probably the only time I was taken back at something in prime was in armada at the fight with arcee and the spidey. It was so lackluster that it made me doubt prime for a 2nd Lol

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

That's what I do, kinda turn off my brain and that way I find I very much enjoy the show. I don't expect much because I know I'm not watching a show geared to my age group. Sure, there are things I would like to see but that's my own personal preference. But I also know most shows arn't going to do what I personally want.

Some posters come here and proclaim "The show is complete crap!!!!" and rant and rant because it didn't do what THEY personally thought it should do. Calling out the writers because it wasn't written the way they thought it should be? Sheesh. Heck, I've seen these same posters attack others who try and say good things about the show by spewing personal insults.

I just don't get it sometimes. A poster proclaiming the show is complete crap but continues to watch it week after week even though it doesn't meet their expectations and then comes here to rant and attack others who like the show. Blah.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It does feel like the same or very similar formulas each week.