My Big Lots Adventure

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by smkspy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

So, Yesterday I decided to visit the grandfolks and spend the night to catch up with them. After they went to bed (8PM) I decided to hit up Big Lots for TF knock-offs since tt had been a particularly shitty day. Earlier I was told by my boss that the new guy being hired to replace me was possibly going to start the end of next week, which meant I have quit work before the 31st (my planned last day) and loss out on $1000 last paycheck. After three years working for someone you'd expect a little loyalty your last few days. I digress though...I go to Big Lots, which is the decaying part of the town, and I'm walking down the aisles looking for the toys.

Well, I find the all the knock-offs and such, which I'm browsing (I just can't bring myself to buy any combiner KOs) when these two little black boys (5ish & 8ish) come running down the back wall arms wide open knocking toys off pegs has they run. They proceed to run into the boy's toy section where they find all the fake guns. They become almost primevil where they start howling, picking gun packages off the shelves one after another, and just disregarding the previous ones onto the floor. If I didn't know any better I could have shown they were pretend looting. All doing this time, I can only stare in disbelief and horror, and I cringe that I have to look for my toys while these two monsters act like savages.

Though it doesn't end there, the oldest of the gruesome twosome takes one of the gun packages off the shelf, and proceeds to walk to the endcap where I begin to hear the sound of plastic being ripped apart. At this point I've had enough, and walk over to brat where I catch him not just red handed opening the package, but the fucker smiles, shoots at me, sticks the gun down his pants, and proceeds to walk off. I stop him and proceed to tell the kid that he is stealing and should not be opening the package before he or his mother buys it. I tell him to go get his mother or else I'll get an employee(bad idea).

So the mother finally comes, and sure enough she's a fucking ghetto crackhead. I explain what happened, and guess what her response to this is?... 'So what mother fucker...what gives you the right to stop my baby boy!' she says...At this point I give up and say fuck it, grab my KO Lio Prime, 2 Mini Bendy Primes, and I head to the cashier to get the hell out of there. Though the real kicker is that as I'm checking out, I see that poor excuse for a mother leaving with her two kids and each of them has one of the two guns from the opened package stuffed/sticking out of their shirts. Just another reminder to myself why I hate going to places like Big Lots.

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, i always figured "dont steal" was one of the more impotant lessons to teach kids before taking them shopping.

3. doubledumbassonyou

doubledumbassonyou Well-Known Member

There are two Big Lots in my immediate area, one being exactly as your described it. Fortunately, the second store is in a better area and there aren't as many sub-human types there. It's a damn shame though, isn't it?

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Thank God the Biglots on my area is in a nice location.

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    And they say society is the reason kids act bad.....lol, yeah right. Try a crack head momma that worries more about her next bump then her own kids. It's people like this that piss me off b/c I work everyday and barely make it by every month but they go and file for state help and what not, while if i even tried to file for any help they would laugh at me and tell me i make too much money. It's just crazy

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I don't think this is really symptomatic of Big Lots itself. I've been to a number of the stores that I find to be very nice. Really I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it was the decayed part of town.

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Never. Get. Involved.

8. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I like going to stores and having wave after wave of unsupervised children flying around the isles on those damn heelies.

9. smkspy

I can't help it...stupid people need correcting.

10. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Big Lots is just down the street from me. Hmm... Should take a walk there today and see what they have.

Anyway, I think it's just the part of town. My Big Lots, though surrounded by some not so friendly folks (gas station next door got robbed twice this year) it's actually a decent place to shop, because hardly anybody goes there.

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey leave my kids alone, they had those guns when they came into the store!! LOL

12. smkspy

I have yet to find a decent Big Lots in this state. Everyone has always had at least a Family Dollar or Dollar General within a block of it. Of course, this being one of the poorest states its not really surprising.

The one yesterday had a Family Dollar was located right next door.

The yellow KO Lio Convoy is pretty cool though. I suggest the Beast Fighters for the little Kremzek-like figures alone.

13. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

This can't be echoed enough. Thankfully my Big Lots isn't in a bad area, its just really far so I hardly go there.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I live in a middle class neighborhood, but around it is a "ghetto" community, and while I've never seen this happen, I know that at least 20 people in that neighborhood have stolen something from a store. Some of them go to my school, and one just went up and snatched my pencil from my hand without saying anything or returning it!

15. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

thay are not kremzek's thay are transparent digimon minis.

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Really? Whatever they are, they're pretty cool...

17. smkspy

\

I knew they weren't Kremzek (I forgot to put like after Kremzek)...didn't know they were digimon though. They're cool nevertheless. I call them Kremzek clones.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am sure never getting involved is the way to fix society and I am glad people are telling you that...

No that's complete sarcasm! Good people need to get involved or nothing will ever be "fixed" or improved. You do have to watch your ass though, so when you get involved do it in a more subtle way like telling the authoritys, which in this case would be a store manager.

19. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I am SO glad my Big Lots is next to the TRU on Sawmill Rd. here in Dublin, OH. Down the road a bit is a Dollar Tree store next to Target. I've never had to deal with anyone living in the ghetto...not yet at least.

But I'm glad you got involved and tried to stop those two boys. I for one would have done the same thing.

20. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Was there a particular reason the colour of their skin was important to the story? I have no intention of being an asshole about it, these kids were obviously little monsters but in my experience, white kids, black kids, whatever can all be little monsters with horrid parents equally.