My Better than MISB Fortress Maximus Grail for sale

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by dragooner, Jul 29, 2011.

1. dragooner

dragooner Optimus' BFF

Well I was hoping to never see the day, but I have credit cards that must be paid and this guy has to go. It is devastating to let this go...but I have to...it's just too much money to keep at this point. Up for sale is my MIB Fortress Maximus. I say that he's better than MISB because of the flawless box condition. He has never been out of the box more than 30 minutes in it's 24 years of existence. Here's the background: I purchased him from a friend of the family in Albany, NY. The gentleman who owned him bought him in 1987 (when he was 27 years old), and when he got him home carefully opened the box and put the stickers on. He then put him back in the box, where he had planned on displaying both the figure and box in some sort of curio cabinet. Well, 21 years went buy and that never happened. It sat, wrapped in a blanket in a bin inside his spare bedroom for 21 years. That's where I come in. Back in 2008 my Dad got a phone call from him, asking if I was still interested in Transformers, and if I'd be interested in a few he still had. This was one of them, and after 21 years of wanting this figure MIB...I finally got him. I had to really persuade the wife into this...with the intent that if we were ever in this sort of situation where we desperately needed the money we would sell him. Well that time is now. Back in 2008 I purchased an acrylic UV protected case for this guy in his box, as I believe he deserves it, and it looks epic while encased. I only saw him outside the box for 5 minutes, and he shared the same fate for the past 3 years - wrapped in a blanket inside a rubbermaid bin inside of my spare bedroom.
    Now listed on Ebay. Thanks everyone!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. dragooner

dragooner Optimus' BFF

3. dragooner

dragooner Optimus' BFF

Now on ebay

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011