Minor/Repaint: My backlog of Alternator Customs

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by clay, Jan 15, 2007.

1. clay

clay Well-Known Member

Hi people!

I mostly post at the Archive and Transtopia, so most of you probably haven't seen any of these other than Soundwave and Tigatron.

Since the last time I believe I posted here, I've done Ironhide, Megatron, War Within Bludgeon, Seekers, Stunticons, Insecticons, and maybe something else I'm forgetting...

Few notes that aren't mentioned in the linked thread:

Megatron's embossed insignia is probably the most popular feature of the custom, according the responses I got in the threads. How I did is over at Transtopia.

Yes, the Insecticon Alternators all still transform, even with their antennae!

Bludgeon is essentially his War Within self, with the car parts painted to look like the Pretender shell. He's in a sort of intermediate stage of technology.

Anyway, just follow the link and enjoy!

Custom Alternators!

[​IMG]

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Very nice work. I think Ironhide and Megatron are my favorites. Though the Insecticons are certainly impressive, possibly technically better than those 2.

I'm surprised, though, with all the work you put into the others, that you didnt do much with Motormaster. Some grey paint aps, a different head, something to make him look more like his namesake, ya know?

3. clay

clay Well-Known Member

Thank you :) 

It's really the word play with Motormaster - Nemesis Prime... Prime's Nemesis? Aside from that, I keep unaltered versions of all the releases that I have, and Nemesis Primes are a tad expensive for me to want to alter it too much. As it is, the legs can just slide back down and it looks like the stock mold with no modifications. If they were cheaper, I'd have no problem picking up another and making it a stronger visual homage instead of just making subtle identity anagrams :wink: 

4. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I remember that. Its pretty sweet.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those are all VERY nice! I especially like your Breakdown. Keep 'em coming man! :thumb  :thumb