Minor/Repaint: My attempt at IDW Jazz(wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rumble619, Jan 18, 2009.

1. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is my first cut'em up bash.I was motivated by all the classic Jazz's I've seen.That + he's one of my favorites so I decided to go with the IDW version of Jazz.

The hardest thing so far was getting the doors to do right.I cut the door/fenders into three pieces.
    1-The front fender which is now glued to the front to give him a little more girth to his chest area.

2-The piece where the fender and the door meet.I left that alone and I just fold it back and down to kinda hide it.

3-The doors.I used an exacto knife and cut the part of the door I wanted and attached it to his forearms using the connectors from a parts Sideswipe that I have.

The head is just a make shift for now made from prowls head.I'm currently learning how to sculpt my own head and as soon as I feel I've got the right head then I'll throw it on.

That's pretty much it for right now.I still have alot of work to do.I'll post new pics as I take them.

Attached Files:

2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Wow, this is looking real good. You can tell you're putting a lot of effort into it. I'm sure the end product will be great!

3. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Wow! This is coming along nicely. I got nothing for love for ol' Jazz.
    Your door mod is pretty cool. And your head looks really good. Can't wait to see it done. Great job!

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Looking great! I love the door/arm mod. Those fenders and doors on that mold really annoy me... And the head looks ace as-is.

And I'm nosey so I read upside down. :> Looks like you have notes for Superion, Computron, and Piranacon, with a Dragstrip in the back ground. Looking forward to seeing those. :>

- Alty

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Hey wow... you attached the wings do the forearms! I would never have thought that would work. Nice call!

I'd never really decided which look I like better for Jazz... the original toy "winged" look, or the more streamlined cartoon "wingless" silhouette. This looks good though... I might steal the door idea for a Streetwise bash down the road. ;) 

zmog

6. rumble619

News Credits:
    Yeah......I've got big plans for those!!!!

I feel the same way.I went more with this version first off ...to see if I can do it.And second ....cause everyone was already doing the "winged" Jazz and I wanted to do something different!!!!

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so far so good.

8. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Any how to it tips on how to make a Jazz head from another TF ?

9. rumble619

News Credits:
    I just used Prowls head.I cut the antennas off the front.Sized'em up and shaped them then glued to the side of his head.The visor is a small piece of styrene cut and shaped then glued on as well.

NOTE* You can use a thin piece of cardboard like off of a cereal box for the visor also.I did this with a alternator Soundwave and it worked just as well.