Heavy/Scratch: My Articulated G1 Insecticons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dt325, Jan 28, 2010.

1. dt325

dt325 Active Member

Hey guys, this is my Articulated G1 Insecticons, used some parts of classic ramjet and bruticus. Hope you like it, any comments are welcome :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    You do have an original unmodded set of these guys right?

I'm no basher so my feedback may not matter but I'll do my best. *sweats*

Kickback - Looks okay but the upper arms seem off a bit. maybe shorten those piece they are attached to (same with the upper legs)

Shrapnel - Being this is my favorite insecticon of the bunch I'd say he looks really nice, but his torso is too tiny for those legs. maybe you could have attached the waist from ramjet as well. but other than that really nice job.

Bombshell - Looks okay. maybe use ramjet's arms, waist and legs on him as well.
    if you wanted the G1 bug legs to stay on the arms, I suppose either just make new ones or try to maybe cut off the originals and graft them onto the ramjet arms.

Overall, these look nice. a hell of a lot better than I could ever do (because I'm way too afraid to cut up my collection) job well done. :thumb 

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i think theyre smooth, these guys were MADE to bash.
    gauge is right, you could pull that arm in a little at the shoulder and beef the arm a bit. i like the photo of mirage gettin ate.

when i look at the size of the screw you used in bombshells foot, i think you might be causing yourself some undue anguish.. im also wondering if you have a dremel.

keep all those tiny screws from other toys and TFs. get yourself a dremel rotary tool($40, you will be glad you did) and make sure to get drill bits (another $5). you can drill your own holes, you dont need a washer because the screws just go into the plastic.
    iver seen your artwork, nice work!