My Apology To Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SoundWave2007, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

when i first saw the robot designs i thought they blew ass. ive grown up a huge G1 fan and am a purist to the G1 designs. I own every single G1 transformer with very few exceptions.
    After seeing the exclusive trailer this week on yahoo, seeing starscream transform midair and brace himself on his landing by tearing through cars and hearing the original transformation sound when optimus transforms in front of spike gave me chills, that was the best shit i ever saw and has been what i daydreamed about when i was 12 years old in school thinking about a real life transformer.
    i cannot wait until july and i will be buying every damn toy that comes out. of course i will have to rip a few heads off and replace them with more G1 looking heads (starscream and megatron O__o)
    mr.bay thanks for bringin a kids dream to the big screen even t ho now im just a kid at heart. i watched that trailer so many times already and will be watching it until the movie comes out.

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

That is very brave of you to come forward like this, with your changed opinions.
    And I am not being sarcastic.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd like to take this opportunity to say sorry to bay too.

that was me that TPd your house the other day.

4. SoundWave2007

lol ill be the first to admit im still a little partial to my feelings about the bot designs but damn that trailer did transformers justice

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

IMO the trailer looks good visually but I am still very biased about the designs and story.

6. SoundWave2007

same here i still think they coulda done more justice to megatron starscream and ratchet.
    i think optimus looks good (except he does not belong with a mouth) ive been sold on bumblebee since day 1 tho they coulda made him one of the new volkswagon beetles. jazz looks decent enough and barricade looks insane but megs starscream and frenzy *cries* i cringe at the thought of how they will make soundwave look
    but that trailer was awesome nonetheless

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yay sorry bay of course I loved the design's for awhile

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Man, that musta taken a shitload of TP.

9. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

This is why you are awesome. There are many that are so thick headed, they let the "hate" emotion take over everything, and will not let them see anything else. These closed minded individuals see everything through a very narrow scope they will never know if they WOULD have liked it, had they let their guard down a bit.

I guess we can't all be open minded though ... *shrug*

10. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

No they couldn't. Movies like this always get money from investors. In the case of investors that are also manufacturers, lots of them demand exclusivity. Stargate for example, has contact with Dell. EVERY laptop in Stargate Atlantis is a Dell laptop for example. In this movie, they obviously have contract with GM. They aren't going to deny millions of dollars of financial help, just so they can break contract and bring on ANOTHER manufacturers vehicle in a star role.

I don't believe the popular explanation of VW not wanting to be part of a war movie. The reason here is most likely financial ... and can be seen in their exclusive use of GM vehicles.

This is a financially driven world. This movie is being made in a capitalist country. It is MONEY that decides what will be used here, not nostalgic "feel good".

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Im getting so excited for this movie. and i think MB is doing a great job imo

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Did you actully do that because I doubt that ever happened ever

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

While I am leaning in the direction of really liking this movie, I won't know for sure until I see the entire thing. For me, the story and how the TF characters are portrayed are going to be major factors in how I feel about this adaptation of one of my favorite stories.

At first, I really didn't like the designs. Now they've grown on me and I've come to accept them. I look at it as very much the same way I responded to Beast Wars when it came out. I was absolutely turned off by the toys and didn't buy any of them. They didn't look like Transformers, and the explanation of animal modes on the packages didn't sit well with me. It was too drastic a change to characters that I knew very well and had grown up with.

I didn't watch the show until Beast Machines was almost over. Once I did watch it though, I realized that it was the best storytelling in a Transformers show. I grew to love the characters, and then wanted the toys. To date, I have not felt that any of the TF TV series following the Beast Era have done as well in terms of storytelling.

While I would love to have seen a realistic, matured retelling of the original MTMTE three-parter, I know that's not what we're getting with this film. I'm okay with that, and I'm hoping that the story and characterization are strong enough to end up having the same effect that Beast Wars had on me.

I have not read any leaked scripts, and have tried to avoid reading major plot spoilers, so any story-related issues that I my object to will not be known to me until I've seen the movie.

I still feel that the designs did not have to so drastically depart from the traditional TF look in order to be realistic. That is to say, I don't think the Decepticons had to be demoted in appearance to scary monsters. I don't think that more of an Alternators-style design approach couldn't have been infused into the design of the Autobots. If the story and characterization of the TFs is compelling and interesting, then Bay & Co. will have won me over.

14. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

It's not brave at all. Brave would be "I've seen the trailer, but I still don't like the direction of this movie."

Siding with the majority(on this board mind, others are different) isn't brave at all.

Also, it's still MICHAEL BAY. I'm tired of people saying Transformers is no Shakespeare. There was plenty of depth in the comics and every comic book, every cartoon, every novel and every video game has the potential to be expanded into something wondrous. The Transformers mythos from the G1 comics could well be awe inspiring; Michael Bay is an effects guy, not a creative genius.

If Michael Bay is really doing a good enough job to change people's opinions and it's not just succumbing to peer pressure, why do most of the bots barely talk? Why did they have to push to even have one or two scenes where the bots talk without humans? Why are the Decepticons more like hideous monsters than an opposing faction? Whether or not you get over the designs(though personally, I think they reflect the lack of importance of the actual Transformers in some cases, they don't stand out enough).

I am not going to tell anyone what to think about the movie, and I'm not going to claim I'm not looking forward to it a great deal. But there are so many stupid decisions, that no matter HOW awesome the actual movie is, it's STILL going to be disappointing that they didn't characterise the bots near enough, in both design and actual personality.

It's shit like this that really bothers me -

"New Trailer: The definative thread: Bay 1 Haters 0" from Bay's own forums (posted by Nelson). I seems pretty obvious to me that they're purposely trying to stir up hatred towards "Geewunners" instead of trying to convince them. It's not so much people being convinced, it's people giving in to others around them. I really don't think anyone owes an apology to Bay for that reason. It's a horrible tactic to shut up fans.

15. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    *Waits for nuopus's response*

16. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

See, the fact that I can't even say that without being bashed down by a "fan" is evidence enough that something's not quite fair.

Are you honestly expecting him to defeat my points? Most likely it will be THIS IS NOT GEEEEWUUUUN and other completely irrelevant nonsense.

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I wasnt talking about that. You just said the guy wasnt brave. Which is BS. He is brave because he can admit that he has changed his views and isnt going to be a ass and lie saying that he hates the designs and the movie. Its like if a pro-movie person where to change there view after they say the movie. They would be brave even if you didnt agree with there view. You have to see past your opinion and respect him just because he isnt with the miniorty.
    And No I wasnt waiting for Nuopus's response because of him bashing you but because your acting like this guy isnt brave just because he isnt with you. And he likes to argue =P

18. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Why is telling the truth automatically brave?

No, it's not. Because all the pressure is on people to be Pro-movie. Either succumbing to this pressure, or genuinely finding your views matched the majority and announcing it, isn't brave.

Are born again Christians brave?

It's nothing to do with whether or not I agree with it. But nothing is going to happen to them here, he's going to get nothing but cheers. How is it brave? Perhaps he swallowed his pride somewhat, but it's not as if he was a well-known vocal detractor to the movie, so that rules that out too.

That's not the point. The point is whether or not it's "Brave".

No, I'm acting like he isn't brave. I never, EVER said it was because he didn't agree with me. I am absolutely sick of that fallacy being thrown everywhere; "Oh you're just saying that BECAUSE HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU." Not everything is about "agreement", opinions aren't automatically valid, don't automatically conform with reality just because someone holds them, there is also, logic, reason, and objective facts like whether or not someone is actually being brave, both people here and american conservatives alike need to learn that.

And I'm saying based on this, he's not being Brave.

19. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan British Bumblebee

Forgive me Mr.Bay! This movies is gonna rock!

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Dude get over yourself. You can't stand someone said something nice to someone else? He said he was brave for ADMITTING it. Lots of people, especially ones that have voiced their opinions, are AFRAID to admit they were wrong, especially if they voiced themselves strongly. It is ALWAYS brave for someone to admit they were wrong, because sometimes ... your pride will not let you. He did not say it to you. Are you just jealous that someone would say something nice to someone else and not to you?

No ... putting your pride aside and admitting you were wrong IS brave. His admittance had absolutely NOTHING with siding with majority. He simply said he was a hater, and now what he has seen changed his mind. Its his personal opinion, and not joining a freaking faction ... give me a break Scraggin.

Dude ... when most people see Transformers, it is PRIMARILY the show. And, if you think that the show is deep ... you are one simple dude. As much as I love G1, it was filled with holes, plot issues, inconsistencies, and horrid script writing. THAT is what most people see. FEW (compared to rest of people who know what TF are) spend their time pouring over comic books and admiring the "Shakespearean" writng in your comics.

Michael Bay is the best director for "in-your-face" action. THAT kind of action will draw in a lot of people who were not previously fans of the franchise. This is TF dude, not some stop the world classic story that people will be reciting to their kids 100 years from now.

How do you know they barely talk? Michael Bay himself said that there are major differences in the script. Are you basing your assumption off of the leaked trailer that Bay admitted had major changes since the leak? Or were you basing it all off of the trailers? You have not seen the movie ... you are just reaching now for bad things to say? The Decepticons are more hideous because they want to emphasize good and evil. For hundreds (thousands?) of years of story telling, the bad guys have always been exaggerated as being monstrous. Modern movie making and story telling are no different. Monsters in movies are always that way. They are trying to pull in the general public here, not give you your Decepticon loving jollies.

So Scraggin is telling people they are making stupid decisions. Boy ... that is rich.

Look, get over yourself. There is major positive reaction towards this movie, not only from fans, but non-fans alike. I see it in the college I teach at. EVERYONE is excited for this movie. I say if it manages to piss off some of the hard headed ranters such as yourself, yet gain thousands of new fans ... this is a good thing. Its better than making a few fans orgasm, and having the movie tank because the general population thinks of the Transformers as a childish toy from the 80's. Are you just jealous that you are becoming the minority in all of this?

This movie will be one hot movie. Non-fans will flock to it because it has giant explosions, special effects like no other, awesome action, and hot women. A good majority of fans like myself, will accept it is a new continuity like Beast Wars and they will accept it. I remember when BW came out. Lots of people like you hated it because they did not look like TF (or so they said). Over time, people warmed up to it and it is accepted as one of the best continuities with excellent story telling. It will be the same here. You are just jumping the gun a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.