2D Artwork: My Animated Character Design Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ligier, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

I've been sitting on a few ideas for character redesigns in the Animated style for a few months now. Seeing all these unexpected cameos in Season 3 had got me thinking that if I don't draw them up soon and post them I'll miss my chance (Who knows how many more characters will appear before this is all over?). Don't know how many more I'll do, but at least I made a thread for it in case I get inspired.

Part 1- Hound the Bounty Hunter

Ever since I got Classics Hound (I just couldn't resist that IDW Gundam-y look he had when I saw him on the shelves) I've realized there is great untapped potential in the character of Hound. He has a canine-inspired name and chases around a cat all the time, but he doesn't... look anything like a dog. I set out to remedy that in my redesign, trying to incorporate as many dog-like features into him while still trying to retain the classic look of the character. I'll let you decide for yourself whether or not I've succeeded.

Hound- Autobot Bounty Hunter
    "Every dog has his day, I'm just a little over due."

As a Protoform, Hound idolized bounty hunters. His goal was to one day become one of the "Death's Head Hunters", the most elite servos for hire in the galaxy. One fateful Solar Cycle however, he was being tormented because of his appearance and was saved by a noble Autobot. Hound then pledged to be the first ever Autobot Bounty Hunter.

Hound has since realized the fault in that youthful way of thinking. After Autobot Boot Camp, Hound pleaded with Ultra Magnus to make accomadations for Autobot Bounty Hunters. The result was what would soon come to be known as "Hound's Wall of Shame".

Armed with a Stasis Net and a malfunctioning Hologram Projector, Hound set out to work his way up from the lowest bounty to the highest. His first target was the Decepticon Spy Ravage. To this day, Hound has yet to collect a single reward. He pursues Ravage throughout the galaxy, but has yet to capture him.

Galactic Powers & Abilities:
    -Deformation during the protoforming process has left him with enhanced visual, audio, and olfactory scanning abilities.
    -Possesses a Stasis Net that can place any Transformer captured inside in a form of Stasis Lock.
    -Possesses an Battle Grade Hologram Projector for heavy duty stealth. It has fallen into disrepair however over frequent use.

Attached Files:

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hound's face looks like a dog.

3. Tom-1

Tom-1 Well-Known Member

Good observation.

I like the redesign - like alot of Animated looks, it's best if it's not an identical recreation of the original design. I like the dog face... it reminds me of how certain Beast Wars characters faces looked animalistic, like Rattrap or Cheetor. Still robotic, but hints of their animal side.

Also, the net is a funny idea - is it it a laser net? XD

Tom

4. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

Phew, I was worried there for a second that people were going to say that he looked like a cat.

I've long known that in Animated, gimmicks are as important as the characters themselves. You don't know how difficult for me not to make a "You Ain't Nothing But a Dog, Hound" joke in his bio somewhere. I compromised with a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" pun instead :rolleyes: 

A laser net? Well I know it glows blue like Stasis Cuffs do, but I'm not sure its lasers that make it glow. I think its more like tiny wires that have an intense amount of energy flowing through them so it can overload anyone caught within.

Its supposed to be a dog-catchers net, another dog-based joke. Also I couldn't resist the visual of him asking an Autobot higher-up for supplies for being a bounty hunter and getting handed a giant butterfly net.

5. Goji

Goji The Frenchiest Fry

Exactly