My Alt. Skids only has one foot!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deceptivore, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Deceptivore

Deceptivore Autobot Nutritionist

Man, am I bummed...

I got Alt. Skids the other day at TRU and tonight I finally decided to open him and what do I find? He's only got 1 foot.... :( 

My question is: Will TRU take back this fig and exchange it if I still have the receipt though the packaging is utterly destroyed? There was another Skids on the shelf a couple of days ago, but if it's gone, would they order me a new one?

I've never had to take back a TF so any help would be appreciated.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Another Skids should be easy to find. He's a major shelf-warmer in my area (which I think is unfair. Yeah, Scions are stupid, but his robot mode is great and he has nice colors). But at the same time, it seems like TRU isnt ordering Alternators anymore (last time I went to one, they were fully stocked on a lot of stuff, but had no alts at all).

As for whether or not they'll take back a destroyed package, I'm not sure. I know that a lot of places are lazy and will take a package even if it has the wrong figure in it, but a destroyed package might be harder to get by them.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

A crippled Skids is just as useless as a normal Skids.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Put it on Ebay as a Gimp Skids!

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

They should still take it back. Package condition shouldn't be an issue - if it's missing a part it's not in any fit state to be re-sold.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    also, normally you probably wouldnt be able to see an Alternators' feet in the package, but for Skids his feet are sticking up through his back window. So, that'll help you know what to look for in a replacement.

7. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I somewhat feel your pain my SKids has 2 left hips, still not as bad as a missing foot. I plan to swap him soon thats if i can find a new Skids and a Camshaft in the same place, but i haven't had any luck yet.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tape the package back up as good as you can and they should exchange it or refund it no problem, as long as it falls in the 90 day return period.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    That's funny. I bought a reissue G1 Skids at TRU ( a while back ) and it was missing his head.

10. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

That sucks man. I actually ordered two Mirages and the one I open up I notice the white paint on the "lip" of the GT looks like someone used whiteout to paint it. I was pissed, I even called hasbrotoyshop but by the time I would have sent it back they would have been like "oh we're sold out". I kept it.

11. Deceptivore

Deceptivore Autobot Nutritionist

Well, it turned out to be a happy ending.

I brought it back today and they took it back without a word. They had 1 remaining Skids on the shelf and all is right in the world. Except now my TRU has absolutely no Alternators left in stock.

Even better news is that I stopped by Wal-Mart and found Ricochet and Tracks on the clearance shelf for $11 each!

:D