my 4 year old's birthday - Transformers galore!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by muttley, Apr 21, 2008.

1. muttley

muttley Well-Known Member

So my kid has really taken on to the transformers, not just the new animated, but any and all of them. I decided to start him off with his own collection.

So I got him a good collection of the playskool line. I spent a few months online picking them up here and there.

[​IMG]

I have a 2 year old too and he LOVES these things. they are easy to handle and transform. He runs around yelling "truck power!"

And one of his favorites that is "behind the glass" is my G1 soundwave. So I picked him up an encore for him to open and play with. I have to say I had flashbacks of doing the exact same thing way back in the 80's. He LOVES him!

[​IMG]

and I posted this video in the crack thread, but for those not in there, he LOVES the new animated line so I had to get him his first taste.

all in all I am glad he had a good time and I'm glad we can share some cool toys (and I'm glad he has his own now so he won't keep buggin me for mine...although now HE has the animated toys and I have to ask to play with them :p  )

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that's awesome man...and to get him an encore soundwave is just the perfect final touch...i cant wait til i have kids to buy TF's for...

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Man thats great news.I'm glad he had a awesome birthday.:D 

4. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Congrats! Your son looks so happy!

5. shortround

shortround Banned

* jumps out window * for no reson

6. muttley

haha, I have no idea what this means, but it made me laugh!

thanks guys, I'm pretty excited that he's taken to these things on his own. I've never really forced anything on him, but I room with shelves full of transformers and dad who wants to watch Saturday Morning Transformers animated in bed with a big bowl of cereal probably has a lot to do with it.

funny story to tie in the Soundwave thing, when the "Sound and Fury" episode ran I was sleeping in and he comes running in "DADDY, DADDY..THERE'S A SOUNDWAvE, HE'S LIKE YOURS BUT HE'S A BAD GUY!! AND A CAR!!!!"

Since then he wanted to play with mine, but mine is really old and doesn't have a head!

I'm gonna try and use these as a tool to teach him to take care of his toys. Hopefully he can keep his toys that he enjoys for a long time...and not have to spend a fortune on ebay regaining them (like dad did :p  )

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    How adorible!

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  awesome thread. You're a cool dad!

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    A kid eith an encore Soundwave? I honestly thought we wouldn't see that happening. Otherwise is awesome to see you passing the torch.

10. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Aww, how sweet. Soundwave is the perfect toy to give a kid.

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

What the hell man? You spent months online & you didn't get him any AFA graded MISB G1? What kind of monster are you?:tongue: 

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe he wants to PLAY with his toys.
    Giving G1 to him would be like telling poor kid to fuck off!

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    but he did get him g1...

14. muttley

hee hee....that would be great wouldn't it. I'd give it to him right after the pony, but before the indoor ride on train! :p 

If it's any consolation I had gotten these encores from a local seller who got them in an estate sale. There were 2 soundwaves and one had a messed up box. so I kept the good boxed one for myself, and let the kid get some enjoyment out of the other.

I'm telling ya, I hope every collector gets to do something like this. It's so cool to see him get excited about the same things I did when I was a kid. He's come up to me and said "His guns turn into BATTERIES and they go in his BACK!!" and "before CDs and iPods you had to listen to music on tapes"

I think he got that last one from the wife :D 

15. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

Very cool man. My 3 year old son has taken a liking to Transformers as well.. I can't wait to start him off on his collection.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is getting dangerously close to "world's greatest Dad" territory here. :) 

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Well, he's waaay ahead of me! I was like 12 or 14 & I never figured out his guns were supposed to be batteries & I never knew there was a hatch on his back that opened. I think I skipped looking at the directions on most of them, they were too easy to transform & I was too "smart":sly2:  for directions. I never knew Onslaught, Motormaster, Hot Spot & Silverbolt had base modes that could be connected to Trypticon either. I also wasn't smart enough to save the boxes. Oh well, I'm paying for it now! I sold my G1 collection & now I'm buying it back slowly (with the boxes). :cry 

And to make things worse I keep buying the ones I didn't have instead of replacing the ones I did have.:banghead: 

Awesome! You bought Mach Kick for him!?!?!

18. muttley

Haha! Thanks for the kind words!!

But if I'm making an application...can I show you the slide I got him for the party? :p 

[​IMG]

the wife says she has 3 boys...I have to agree :D 

Neil

19. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Love the pic of your son with soundwave in cassette mode. I bet a lot of kids nowadays don't even know what a cassette player IS.

20. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

HA! Ohhhh Muttley, you and especially your wallet are in for a world of hurt :D 

My 4 1/2 year old already has his first 5-tier wall shelf devoted to his TF collection (4 tiers of TF, and one for Marvel Legends) :lol 

I started him off right before his 4th b-day with some real gears and Star Wars TFs (he liked those best at the time, so I said what the hey =P )

Then his birthday and Christmas came and it was all downhill from there. The Grandparents and we (my wife and I) went WAY overboard stocking those shelves with almost all the movie-line TFs. I kicked in a Sunstreaker Alt, classics Grimmy and Classics Hot Rod (had to give him a little bit of the better stuff eh? )

He ventures into my closet once in awhile asking when he can have the black boxes with 'MP' on them...I simply tell him 'not for AWHILE honey' :lol