Minor/Repaint: My 3rd Soundwave Alt

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Here's my third Soundwave Alternator. This one is obviously from a Smokescreen (which I got from Hikuro) and a Cyberton Soundwave I got from a trade with djplipz, thanks man! He arrived today and I was so excited I got right to work. One thing I'm not sure of is should I remove all the yellow decals from him or keep them and just repaint my other Smokescreen to be more G1.

I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my other Soundwave I made from a Grimlock, blue Wheeljack parts and a repainted Grimlock head, sell him maybe

Either way here's my newest and most favoritest Soundwave to date

Attached Files:

2. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice. Like how the wheels now resemble speakers.
    Good stuff, although I must admit that I never thought of SW as a rally car

JL

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I can dig it! I like SW just the way he is but if you do decide to remove the yellow decals... SW will have a nice smooth look to it.

Guess I wasn't the only one who got a TF package in the mail yesterday :) 

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

He was a rally car in G2... ;) 

And I'm so glad you've got Buzzsaw... he's far cooler than Laserbeak anyway. Brilliant work; it looks like a pretty simple piece to do, but you've pulled it off a treat.
    I'd say keep the sponsors on this version and alter the Smokescreen version...

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks good Lucs.....the head looks nice on the Subaru body...

As far as what to do with the other one....just keep him....Soundwave version 1 & 2...nothing wrong with that...I have 4 Alt Megatrons so....

or strip the decals, paint the Subaru black, and call this one "Soundblaster"

6. Uncrazimatic

Uncrazimatic Uncrazimatic Bore

did i send you buzzsaw instead of laserbeak???? haha. i like him as racer, nice job!

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I thought it was a bit odd but I dig it. I only had Buzzsaw as a kid cuz he came with SW so this is fitting for me. I guess it's a happy mistake, unless you want him back :( 

8. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

when i received two smokescreen a BT (addition to my collection) and a loose alt (KB fodder) with no hands, i immediately put my soundwave head on it. it didn't work for me since the latter has a diffrent shade of blue but yours looks awesome. i especially love the guns. do the guns connect together? paint the visor red. i say leave the decals but paint the spoiler gold. :D 

i would love to have another SW, especially if its a mustang.

i'm looking at your 2nd pic, the green bot. i see his head as a megatron. what is it's name? i have a mustang just begging to become megatron.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I turned the wheels around cuz it adds more gold to match with his face

Thanks for the support on the Rally Car thing. I really just pick cars that match colorwise and go from there. Keeping it simple is the name of the game for me

Thanks!

Hope you like that Grimlock I sent you. Is it your first or for a custom?

Thanks for the props man. I just can't do 2 of the same character in my collection though. The only doubles I'm thinking about are a young Megs Alt (D-charge head and Mustang or Subaru body) and my MP Megs in the same display and an Orion Pax and MP OP

I'll probably pass on the red visor just cuz I like how the purple in the guns tie together with it. The blue from cyb SW match pretty closely with this mold, so it works.

I've thrown a G1 SW head on a Skids mold and it worked, but I sold it. I plan on doing it again but adding his G1 weapons to it, also for sale once it's done

Don't really know if the guns connect together. If they do on the regular toy I'd imagine these do too

10. Uncrazimatic

Uncrazimatic Uncrazimatic Bore

ahh yeah keep buzzsaw.. laserbeak looks better with my alt soundwave because of the red. that was the reason why buzzsaw was in your soundwave.

11. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

you keep on kitbashing like a factory. damn. i love it. keep em' coming.

anyway, who's the green dude i asked before? the one on the second pic?

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Sorry missed that question the first time, it's botcon springer I got for a somewhat decent price. Speaking of Springer I just finished my alt version

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, I have to say this is an interesting take on Soundwave!

It's nice to see a very alternate take (no pun intended) with using the Cyb SW parts on an Alt custom. Still to this day I just love those parts on an Alternators custom! :D  That whole toy was just well designed from the get go, so the transfer from Cyb to Alt made sense, I thought :) 

I LOVE the look of the wheels dubbing as speakers (bad pun alert again!), even though tfing him this way limits his arm articulation.

I do have to say that I'm a bit mixed on him having the exact same deco as Smokes. On one hand, I think it's really cool because it plays up the "robot in disguise" motif. I can see the Autobots seeing this guy race toward em, thinking he was their beloved comrade and then . . . BAM! Attacked by a Decepticon! Didn't see that coming! Also, as Ramrider pointed out, he's been used as a rally car (actually it's a "NASCAR" type racing car) before as well, so I buy that (no "GoBot" deco on your custom.

On the other hand, I know you said you like to keep things simple, but I'd think that removing the yellow decals and a few others (you wouldn't have to remove em all), and making him a street racer/tuner type car would be really cool. That would just require a label set.

Or, if you're happy the way it is, then that's cool too :wink: 

Anyways, those are just a few of my thoughts. :)  Keep up the good work buddy!

14. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I sent Grimmy to AutbotSDG so he can paint it into Classics Skullcruncher :D 

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    This is a freakin' sweet reason to keep him looking just like Smokescreen. I may just keep him this way cuz it's easy and it works. Great idea!

16. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Head fits nicely. The gold really helps the theme too.

Doesn't buzzsaw turn into some kinda tube thing? If so, it'd be cool to see him painted like a NOS bottle and then you can throw him in the back seat. (Assuming he fits)

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If you click SQ7's link, you'd see he used his as a bass-tube, and as a nos bottle.