My 2 year old daughter waving and smiling at nothing..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Nov 16, 2007.

1. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agree...I don't believe in ghosts, but I always read these threads with interest, its not that I expect any concrete proof..but these threads always read like a bunch of suseptable people grasping at straws.

The last one I read was about some guy (fuzzy memory) dropping a new lamp like thing in the water, or the batteries dying or something...then the thing working a few days later.

There was like 30 or something posts about "spiritual energy" or whatever, before someone came with a practical answer...its was likely that batteries still held a charge, and MANY electrical devices will still work ofter being submersed in water...usually after the circuit board or whatever inside it dries out.

I guess what I am saying is, this just sounds like a normal occurence to me.

2. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

No one was blindfolded no, but now that you mention it that will be a definite control the next time. And there were at least 8 of us on in the room and 6 with our fingertips on the dagger, now im not saying that its not possible someone lied, but i knew all of the people involved well enough to believe that they werent. Even if everything we did that night was bullshit... It still stands that animals and people alike will not stay long in that basement without getting the urge to leave, and the animals literally take a fit... Believe what you like, I know what that basement was like before that night and what its like now... thats all the proof i need. Im not trying to convince people of anything im just relaying what comes off as an entertaining experience.

Edit: To you entertaining, to me really friggin creepy.. but we seriously want to try and "close the portal" so to speak. Likely going to wait till next halloween though, time seems fitting lol. It was originally done just to scare people anyway.. but the vibe in that basement is anything but fake.

3. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Back when I read a lot of books on the unexplained, one recurring theme was what eyeballkid touched upon on pg1 of this thread. Children aren't jaded and close-minded yet, and can see and experience the paranormal a lot easier then cranky old grown-ups can. Pets, too. I personally don't believe in any of it, as IMO belief in ghosts requires a belief in religion, but it might be prudent to keep the Ghostbusters on speeddial.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yup. My kid gets exited over knowing the word 'bye' , so now she says it all the time, to everything , and nothing .

First words make them happy like that

5. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    they see things we can't

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    You know, kids do the damndest things and at that age it was very likely nothing at all. Just a kid playing around. Just keep an eye on things, that's all. And make sure your daughter doesn't watch the "snow" or "static" on TV... :D 

7. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After a call to my Mom I asked her about me and my siblings and about all this stuff. She said that when my Uncle had passed away my sister(3y/o) had a play phone and would actually carry on a full conversation with herself and when asked who she was talking to, she would say, "my uncle, he says hi and please don't be sad" My mom said they were very close to going to a psych or something because it went on for months. Kids definitely have a close connection to all these freaky things.

8. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Yes, I believe children do have some insight that adults don't. I adamantly do not, positively believe in the term "psychic" as it is too broad. There are specialized areas that some people are more adapt in. Some can "sense" things around them like with crime scene investigators, others can see (ESP), and others can feel (i.e. GHOSTS). I have a WILD and UNFOUNDED theory that the "psychic" senses are extensions of our normal senses that are SOMEHOW more developed in some then others.

Now, not all animals are as sensitive to ghosts or other things. Sometimes our dog will bark down the hall at nothing but he is still an "untrained" puppy with SUPER-sensitive hearing. Other times it may be the older dog, who I think could be going daft and deaf. Poor girl...

9. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I believe babies/children are more 'open' to ghosts and spirits then we are.

I was told a story from a friend... how a child they knew would talk to someone for hours staring up the basement steps. When her mother asked who she was talking to she sad "uncle (something)". Now that uncle had died years before she was born. So one day the mother got out some photos and laid them out on the table and asked her daughter who they were. She pointed to one of a old man, the uncle "that's him, that's uncle (whoever, can't remember the name)." Which.. yeah that's creepy.

10. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

When ever my niece just starts laughing for no reason me and my sister both think out late Grandpa Bill is playing with her.

I do hope that hes still watching out for us and this way he can meet his great-granddaughter and hopefully my children.

11. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I reiterate that the world is a much more interesting place when including the paranormal.

12. *Deathblade

News Credits:
    In alot of these scenarios with people saying someone laid out photos or whatever and the kid picked the right one.....I can see that person either consciously or unconsciously giving the kid a hint at which one is "right" ...parents do that kind of thing all the time.

Even IF they didn't give any hints, unless they laid out like photos of 20 or more people ...its still meh to me...a kid picking the "right" person outta 2 or 3 choices aint that impressive to me, alot of times people will influence things to get the desired outcome

I also know I had an imaginary friend around age 4-6, that I played with,and talked to, and it wasn't a ghost..I just had an active imagination.....this just seems like jumping at shadows IMO.

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    just like i posted... they see things we don't

14. *Deathblade

News Credits:
    they also make up things that arent there...so you cant say that as an undisputable fact

15. RyakinX

RyakinX Well-Known Member

Children still have what science has mostly removed from the world

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Lack of common sense? Oh wait, the world still has that. Nevermind.

17. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    No, wait, common sense is dying and fewer people seem to have it. For example the stupid frivolous lawsuits and people being overly sensitive, and politically correct.

Personally, I do not believe all of these "ghost" sightings are real, and not all haunted houses are haunted. Human beings are sensitive to electrical and magnetic fields and some "haunted" houses are close to sub stations or other high electro-magnetic fields. Reduce or eliminate that field and, poof, the "ghost" goes away.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I dont think kids can see things we can't, I never could.

They hav'nt aged with enough Hallucinogens yet.

19. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Do ghosts exist?

A long while ago I experienced a whole slew of 'paranormal' events in one particular house that I visited regularly. Noises, moving shadows, uneasy feelings all that kind of crap.

Now I know that all that stuff happened, but what I don't know is what the hell it was. The sceptical side of me refuses to accept that it is something to do with spirits of dead people, or supernatural beings of some sort. The open-minded part of me doesn't have a rational explanation...

Myself, I like to be generally sceptical, but with an open mind should some data cause me to re-evaluate the situation.

In your case I would chalk up a waving daughter to kids just being odd, they are a lot of the time. However, I would reserve the right to consider otherwise should anything else odd occur.

20. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

And Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, leprechauns, unicorns, etc.

I totally agree with you. However, being more interesting doesn't make a thing necessarily true or real.