My 2 year old daughter waving and smiling at nothing..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Nov 16, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

So earlier tonight my wife, daughter and I were sitting in the living room watching tv when I notice my daughter laying next to my wife waiving and had a huuuge smile on her face while looking at this portion of the apartment with no pictures, reflections and leading down to the hallway. I thought maybe it was me she was waiving at so I wave back at her but she keeps her eyes fixed on the hallway/no pictures area of the apartment and keeps smiling... I finally get up after being thoroughly freaked out and walk down the hall to see what it may be she's smiling at but nothing. I dont really believe in ghosts or know if there is life after death but that seriously had me freaking tonight. Changed the way I think about things for sure. I just cant figure out who my daughter would be so happy to see and smile at because she's the shy type usually..

things that make you go hmm...

2. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Wow...I don't believe in things like that either...but that is pretty creepy!

3. iheartarcee

Agreed.. Atleast if there is a ghost in our presence its making my daughter smile and be happy... And it was crazy.. like she was looking up like the thing she was smiling at was like 6 4 or taller... so creepy...

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Did she eat some aqua dots?

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a poltergeist. It's being friendly right now but eventually it will try to pull your daughter into the TV. Also the tree in your backyard will come to life. And if there are any toy clowns in her bedroom, burn them asap.

6. iheartarcee

Well you better hurry cause I swear to god if my tv gets fuzzy i'm calling comcast asap.. oh and if trees even start to grow in my barren back 'yard' its to the hotel for the night and promptly putting the tv out tha door..

7. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Imaginary freind perhaps.

8. iheartarcee

yea maybe.. she's never had an imaginary friend but if it is that mofo is like 7 ft tall.

go big or go home right?

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This suprises you? Children have very receptive brains, and they see things that older people do not. i.e. ghosts! Most people our age suspend belief...children do not, its all new to them, and ghosts like to be noticed. They get bored and stuff.

10. iheartarcee

that damn ghost should have been watchin tv! Office was on!

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Funny! Ghosts dont watch TV. They are more intersted in the real life that they miss.

12. iheartarcee

lol well its got to be boring for ghosts now adays cause we's just starin at the tube...

13. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I was not being funny...

14. iheartarcee

well if you were a ghost what would you enjoy about sitting in an apartment with 3 people, 1 was on ebay and the other 2 were mostly watching tv, (until you distracted the little on with your waving and what nots..). I would be at sporting events or watching people dance or following people around the mall or something..

I could see how waving at little kids and freaking their parents out could be cool though..

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Thats just it. Ghosts never appear to mass audiences. They like little kids. Dont ask me why, they just do...little kids are very receptive, like I said.

16. Commander_V

Commander_V I have no title HAH

My mother told me that when I was about the same age as your daughter, I kept asking about a man that I kept seeing in my room. I would go get her from the kitchen and pull her to my bedroom, and ask her "who's that man?" usually pointing to the closet door or to the door frame, because he would just stand there smiling at me. I was never afraid of him. She never saw who it was, and after a few times, it started to freak her out.

One day when I was a little older, I saw a picture of the man and told my mom, "That's him!"
    It was a picture of my dead uncle who was killed in Vietnam a few years before I was born.

Ghost stories anyone?

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't believe I've ever seen a ghost or anything similar - don't really want to either, it'd freak me the hell out

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    if i meet a ghost i hope its somebody who'll go down on me, like that ghost chick in ghostbusters with dan ackroyd, i kept pausing the VHS to see if i can spot any ghost bewbs.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There was'nt any animal or people pics in her view was there?

My almost 2 yr old talks to pictures on the wall and in books. Doubt she was though.
    They say ghosts have a strong attraction to kids becasue of their youth and innocence. I guess that's the part of life ghosts miss the most. But who knows

Or maybe she was imagining someone she knows well lile you or dad was there. Alot of kids talk to their imaginary friends or pretend the parents are around.

Unplug the tv just to be safe

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  20. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe she is just nuts... :D