My 2 only gripes with the film.......

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Simian, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    My only 2 gripes with the film.......(Spoilers)

.....The Autobots were the ones who said "Retreat!!!!!"

.....Our weapons seemed to do much damage to the Bots..(regardless if reverse engineered from Megs..we aren't that smart..)

Oh...yeah...I think the Bots should be made of "Cybertronium™©®"......!!!uhhh...ayyy!!!!...I'm got that trademarked...:poke  :D 

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Excuse me but today anti-armor weapons are able to penetrate steel plates that are 3-4 times the diameter of the warhead used. The robots in the movie have virtualy no armor, their inner mechanisms are almost exposed, I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did, exceptions being Scorponok, Brawl and I think Blackout. They have more armor. Airplanes fired missiles on the robots that had bigger explosive payload than handheld counterparts, so they were the most effective. If army used tanks than they would have finished them alot sooner, but you have to think about mobility. In streets, infantry has bigger chances of survival, then big, rather slow moving targets that alien robots can destroy easily.

3. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

Ohhhhh...Okay.....Diameter...not Thickness has something to do with the strength of their armor.........and the bots who come from an alien world far advanced from our own are made out of materials no stronger than that found on Earth....

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    It was also shown that their armor is vulnerable to high heat rounds.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just because their armor is made of an alien metal doesn't mean the metal is necessarily stronger than ours.

6. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

The answer is... fairy dust.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Let me ilustrate what I wanted to say, as I thought I was pretty clear what I meant. A 120mm tank round can penetrate a steel plate that is about 40cm aka. 400mm thick. That is why our weapons are able to destroy them. Not imediately and with one shot, but still we can take them down with weapons based on today's level of tech.

8. Atin

Atin Well-Known Member

Isn't it the heat the devestating factor? And not the armor pearcing property? Cause I thought they can regenerate their armor, but this effect is disabled by the heat of the sabot rounds, making them unable to repair the damage, unlike when they are dameged by "normal" armor piercing ammo.

9. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

The weapons in G1 period did absolutely nothing. Heck, even the Transformer weapons were hit and miss. To each other they were not weapons at all, but merely laser powered tickle devices. I remember a scene where the autobots were firing on Megatron and he was wriggling around like it was tickling him. And at other times the same weapon could actually destroy something. So in G1, what you got is a weapon which was dangerous sometimes, but at others were harmless.

The human weapons in G1 were just as useless. You can't possibly compare that extremely inconsistent show with the modern movie.

The human weapons in that movie were also very old. Todays weapons are 20x more devastating. Weapons back then are ineffective against modern armor, where our newer weapons chew through them like butter.

You are comparing an old age cartoon inconsistent army with a modern army that is 20x more lethal?

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I think it's a little weird that the infantry used grenade launchers to put the hurt on the Decpticons. I dont think those could do much damage on a Transformer, or at least Devastator. A shoulder mounted weapon (bazooka, recoiless rifle, ATR-4, etc....) is a different story though if they shot at unarmored sections.

I wont argue the damage the F-22 Raptors did though. The soldiers did give target locks on weaker armored areas of Blackout and there's a lot of firepower there.

As for us "not being that smart". Plllleaaase, we've made a weapon that's the result of atoms being split. If there's credit that you can give to humans is that it's in weapons development.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Yum, I love grapes, oh wait you said gripes

12. zerocomfor

zerocomfor Member

Ebay:
    I have like a trillion complaints. And they all back up this one. SPIELBURG ROCKS!:rock  AND BAY well IS A COMPLETE DUNSE BUCKET!:dunce 

13. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Oh please. Spielburg has his moments, but he wanted Transformers to be about a boy and his magic car. At least Bay wanted to make an alien invasion movie after Hasbro talked him down off the non-autonomous, human-built robots ledge.

Though, as it is, we got half of what one wanted, and half what the other wanted. Really, the movie wouldn't be what it is without both of them. And considering that what we ended up with is pretty entertaining if you don't go into hoping to hate it, that's not a horrible thing.

Now, I've got complaints about some parts of the movie. For instance, Prime saying "You left me no choice, brother." Um, Sam killed Megs, not Prime, so why was Prime all regretful about it? There were some story disconnects because of odd editing choices. The secretary of defense giving a call-back to an earlier scene that was cut with his brain-mouth comment. Jazz's death not meaning anything because all the scenes where his character was developed were dropped. Sam waking up and being chased by Bumbles in the morning and five minutes later it's dark again, likely due to editing out a bunch of that day. But, for the most part, I can still sit and watch the movie with the mindset of an eleven year old and really, REALLY be blown away.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

They weren't grenades persay, they were special high heat rounds that send pinpoint thermal enegry into a small area to melt through armor and incinerate anything inside it. It's basically like shooting a mini-volcano at stuff. As is, the only one those shots really took down was Blackout, and even then he had F-22s on him as well, because Brawl was taking those hits like a champ. It was the combined efforts of BB and the military who eventually dropped him, but it was BB getting all the good shots. As for the rest of them, it took two full A-10 strikes and a C-130 gunship just to chase Scorponok off...and he was one of the weaker cons. That and fact that our weapons being effective actually gave the 'cons a reason to disguise themselves.

The only things that really disappointed me about their attack was Bonecrusher getting dropped so fast and Megs' super cannon doing very little to Prime. It should have ripped a hole right through a building imo. But with Blackout *annihilating* an entire army base, Brawl keeping four Autobots(three and a half technically) and an entire special ops military unit with specialized weaponry at bay and Starscream just tearing up a squadron of F-22 Raptors with little effort, they were doing pretty badassed for a while. I'm sure they'll come back in bigger numbers with bigger bots next time and then they'll really bring the hurt.

15. Uncle Servo

Uncle Servo Active Member

Personally, I thought Prime should have given Megatron a better run for his money (especially after Prime whacked Bonecrusher so quickly). I understand the need for Megs to have the upper hand so Sam could save the day, but during the whole one-on-one it felt too much like Clay Aiken versus Mike Tyson.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Do I hear the wah-mbulance? Or does someone want some french cries?

17. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

SPOILERS

Why can't the Autobots yell retreat? Megatron has always said it more than enough for one character, and if they wanted to make a villian in the movie who was believable as being feared, having the Autobots scatter when he arrived shows just how powerful he is. And we saw when he ripped Jazz in two he was alot more bloodthirsty than ever before.

And secondly, you're trying to tell us we should believe, in a universe where giant alien robots adopt our vehicle's appearances, we aren't allowed to have heavier firepower in the slightest bit? Get a job, man.

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Name calling proves you have no logical argument. Try harder next time.

19. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Can you equip those heat rounds (did they call them Saber or Sabbot?) onto a grenade launcher?

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well, they were using grenade launchers to shoot the shells. Though, really, what they were firing was more of an all purpose launcher. It's just the high heat rounds and grenades work on two completely different principals. Grenades are more for anti-personal, using a large concussive explosion and shrapnel to take out troops in a wide area. The high heat rounds on the other hand focus all of their destructive power on a single point, usually the armor of a tank, super heating it and cooking whatever was inside of what it hit.

In this movie, they were basically treated like walking tanks...but with no personel inside to cook, the high heat rounds weren't as effective as they would have been.