Minor/Repaint: My 1st! Targetmasters! WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ORIO, Oct 23, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Popping my Radicons cherry! Thanks to Chansformers, SQ7, Redline (whom inspired me to start small!) and F_R and everyone here in Radicons. You've all been a huge inspiration. Because, well, your toys are cooler than my toys!

Here is my first custom! Ever since Universe Cyclonus with Nighstick was announced I've wanted MORE Targetmasters. So here is my frusturated contribution. Recoil and Haywire! They are unpainted at the moment, but I will pick up some paints this week! Kinda nervous about that!

EDIT: There are a bunch of WIP pics and I apologize for the Sweeps and Cannonball pics. It's the best I had to work with at the moment! When I get my hands on Botcon Scourge and another Universe Nightstick, Fracas is next :) 

Also, so Botcon Kup's vehicle mode could hold Recoil in vehicle mode I drilled a hole in a generic cyber key. (That way I wouldn't have to alter a Botcon figure) For Rodimus, I used Henkei Strafes targetmaster but had to widen the hold in his hand with a Screwdriver. For Blurr, a dremel was used. Drilled a hole in his forearm and in his back so he could use his Targetmaster in both modes!

Also, Recoil went through some modding. I used a cutting disc to remove Nightsticks barrel and added Cybertron Scattershots weapon (the barrells of which were shortened to accomadate nightsticks robot mode. Its hard to tell from my crappy cell phone pics but I also used an X-acto to remove Nightsticks head and replaced it with classics minicon Sledges.

Recoil and Haywire both had their shoulder spikes sanded down too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Very cool man,I lover em.

3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Ah, first we had a wave of Headmasters, and now Targetmaster begin to surface. Excellent. :) 

Any chance you'll be getting into more serious modifications on Nightstick (although he is versatile, really any other Minicon will do) in the future? The concept is very promising.

- Alty

4. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Edited my first post to reflect more what I did to the little guy. It was late when I posted last night :)  thanks for the comments guys!

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great start on these guys. You are using some expensive figures for this project my friend (not that you didn't already know that :D ) Glad to see another Radicon's first project. Now get a proper camera to show us your work :thumb 

On a side note, got any plans for the extra Cyclonuseseses you've gotta have lying around?

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good man! Keep it coming

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, i love them... cant wait to see them painted... then i wanna start copying you

8. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    friggin awesome!!!looks cool so far orio,now start painting:thumbs2: 

9. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Nice job! Especially on recoil.

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man :)  and yeah, expensive figures for sure. Henkei Strafes Targetmaster and Botcon Kup recieved no modding and that was the goal of my little project :) 

and yeah... my cell phone camera blows. I have a digital but cannot find the disc that came with it to set it up on my computer :( 

Well, one cyclonus was broken so I've been using it test out the dremel :D  I may try and incorporate his hand-peg deal into Fracas.

Thank you :) 

I know! I gotta get my ass to Hobby Lobby. I hope those Tamiya paints aren't too expensive.

Thanks! He's my fav too. I may try and give Haywire a new barrel and head too. Not sure what barrel I could use though. May have to rummage through my parts.

Thanks for the comments!

11. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great concept, and great execution, my friend!

12. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

cant wait to see these

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very cool.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Not a bad start. Certainly looking forward to seeing these guys painted up, and some better pictures to show them off properly. But all in due time.

About Tamiya paints though, they run about $2-$3 each for the bottles, which should be fine. I don't think you need to be buying spray cans for Targetmasters. But for reference, I buy them for about $6-7. It might be much (I honestly haven't checked around), but that's just from the closest hobby shop to me.

15. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man, much appreciated! And thanks for bumping this thread :thumb 

Thanks man, I'm apprehensive about painting these bad boys. But I'll update as soon as I grow a pair. I'm thinking I'll give Haywire a new head too.

Thanks man. Chansformers recommended the Tamiya paints and I really enjoy his work. Sadly though, I've been to two Hobby Lobbys and they only have Testors. I'm gonna check Michaels. And yeah, soon as I get them painted I'll take some good pics. The tutorial for taking pics is helpful and my Father In-law is a photographer so he can help.

...Hell, maybe I'll just buy him a six pack of Guiness and make him do it ;) 

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is very inspiring! Again, great work, bud :thumb 

17. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

DUDE! This is awesome! So you pretended to be a Radicon noob in YR's thread all this time huh?!? :p  hahaha!!!
    Haywire is my favourite, just cause I'm unreasonably biased like that! Too hot to handle, whooo!!! Nice work man, keep it up!!!!

18. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    they look good real good.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, now that the house is sorta setup, we can practice our paint skills and get super cool...

20. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I love the way you modded the targetmasters themselves, the silver on recoil looks sweet. Also that you managed to not mess with the expensive as all get out Botcon Kup. Really well done and makes me wish I had those targetmasters myself.