Minor/Repaint: My 1st custom, any good?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by louis23, May 8, 2011.

1. louis23

louis23 Well-Known Member

Well Guys after watching the Transformers movies I found my youth once again and remembered how much I loved Transformers as a child. I knew I had to get a figure or two just to display on a shelf in my house or soming. However the figures just wasn't realy as great or movie acurat as I hoped after searching for day's on the internet for a better quality figure I had no luck. But I did come across this hidden world of Transformer customizing! I had to be part of it. So knowing I haven't painted even as much as a bedroom wall I was going to most likely be desaterous at painting an action figure lol I've had a bash at a Deluxe class Bumblebee below, it's still only half done more painting needed hear and there also plan's of a blue LED for his eye's and red LED for his cannon.

So what you lot think? all comments welcome good or bad, and please be honest I would realy appreciate any tip's or advice on where I may have gone wrong or could do better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    thats actually REALLY good!
    especially for your first time. i remember my first time customizing was on movie 07 bumblebee, such a disaster hah

3. louis23

Really cheers bud, I was working a little on it today so it's looking a little more better now. There is quite a few little touches I have done to it that could go easily unnoticed. For instance the black lines on the helmet and the silver dry brushing on the side of his head. The original figure just had a plane yellow helmet and a grey face.

Going to remove the battle axe next and paint the blue window's. Just need to search for some advice on painting clear plastic.

I will upload some close up images.

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks great!

5. louis23

Thanks Alloy,

I think a coat of lacquer is in need soon also.

[​IMG]

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Look at it this way: it's a movie bumblebee, you cant possibly make it any worse than it already is. :lolol 

Seriously, though, that looks really cool! Especially for a first time. Would like to see you try a real repaint, though.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

That's ridiculously good work for your first time. Are you sure you've never done this kind of thing before? I mean, you should see my old attempt at Classics Thundercracker....

8. louis23

Ha Ha very true my friend! hasbro has made some poor attempts at movie figures.

Thanks, my 1st time but not my last very excited about having a bash at somthing a little harder maybe The Fallen next or Optimus.

What's a real repaint? I'm very new to all this. I'm guessing a G1?

9. louis23

Thanks Spekkio, Never mate I litterally went to a store on monday and baught a load of citadel paints and brushes a lamp and made a lil set up in my spare room lol. was woried after spending about 50 quid on paints and brushes I was going to fail massively.

Wear could I improve guys? Also whats the best way to paint the blue clear plastic thats ment to be the window screen's?

10. Bumblebee2008

Bumblebee2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a first attempt this is awesome!! I wish my first customs were this good!!!

Great Job!!

11. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    your first?

*error*

F*CKING GOOD JOB!!!

12. SnakeEyesFan97

SnakeEyesFan97 I'll show you a profile!!

Thats awesome!:) 

13. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow your paint work doesn't look like a first attempt, looks great. If you haven't done the LEDs yet, I'd use blue for the cannon, more movie accurate I think. If I remember correctly, that scene in the Hoover dam when he is on the flatbed and points his cannon @ the S7 ppl, it has a blue glow. also, kudos for attempting to add LEDs to something so small. I'll be interested to see how you wire them up.

14. louis23

Cheers mate, really appreciate it. Really appreciate all the comments from every one.

15. louis23

lol thank's

cheers pal ;) 

You could be right mate, maybe it is Blue. Think I may have to get the old bluray out and have a watch to double check.

will deffo keep you posted on the LED's bud, well I will keep you all posted on this project.

I did think it was abit silly putting so much effort into a Deluxe class lol but to be honest it is kinda starting to realy come along even for a small figure. The LED's hopfully will be a nice little touch to finish it off. Just need to find some small LED's from somewear a 2mm one runing of a watch battery.

16. AndyHibbsCustom

AndyHibbsCustom Well-Known Member

looks amazing for a first custom! keep it up !

17. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    Thatis actually really good! Great work man! :thumb 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wish my first custom looked as good.

Hell, my last custom doesn't look this good.

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, for your 1st custom, it looks AWESOME! Great job bro and welcome to the addiction :thumb .

20. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

To be honest I don't think the movie figures are so bad at getting a likeness, it's just surprising what a good paint job can do to bring out all the details!
    Anyways, for a first go this is looking cool! Lookin forward to the LEDs :)