[MVD] Final: #1 Wreck-Gar vs #2 Motormaster

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 21, 2009.

?

[MVD] Final: #1 Wreck-Gar vs #2 Motormaster

Poll closed Sep 24, 2009.
  1. Wreck-Gar

53.2%
  2. Motormaster

46.8%
  1. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

1. wreck-gar has a 10 endurance because he can repair himself.

2. wreck-gar needs junk to repair himself. read his bio.

3. i dont think wreck-gar has seen any combat. I dont see why someone would want to invade junkion. Im very sure motormaster has far more combat experience than wreck-gar.

2. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What cyclone gun?

Motormaster has an atom-smasher cannon. Read his profile. He does not have Menasor's gun.

And do we even need to go over the differences between Motormaster wielding a sword and Menasor wielding that sword again?

And Wreck-Gar a salesman?! I think you've got him confused with Swindle.

Please read both profiles carefully and give some consideration to them. It would greatly bolster your ability to make a convincing argument for who you believe should win this match.

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    NOWHERE in the profile does it say he HAS to have other junk. Maybe you should read it...it says he can use his own damaged parts and he can use other junk NOT that he has to have other junk. (I already quoted his BIO, so maybe you should re-read it!

You have no idea why Wreck-Gar's endurance is 10! The fact is they BOTH have 10, it really doesnt matter why!

AND could you please provide the sources you are finding the info to back your claim up on the 'who has seen more combat' argument, because otherwise again you are just making stuff up and talking out of your you know where...

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Omnus you have convinced me Wreck-gar gets my vote over Motormaster

5. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Motormaster is badass, he gets my vote.

6. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Based on what I've read so far, this is the analysis that I've come to. Motormaster "transforms and charges at Wreck-Gar". Wreck-Gar whom we can fully trust, based on his intelligence, DOES NOT stand around and get smashed. MM is then "stunned" due to the de-accelerator rifle, at which point he then takes an axe to the head as I'm sure Wreck-Gar is smart enough and skilled enough to throw. The only selling that ensues is that of an ass-beating by a leader of a race that I'm most certain has seen much more combat due to age differential alone. After all, the Stunticons were created in what...Season 2? In terms of reality concerning the TF universe, I think that the Junkions were around for a bit longer than their initial showing in the '86 movie. They seemed to me to be very aggressive and effective warriors. Either they trained constantly or they had in fact seen combat before or both. Yes MM is a very strong and powerful leader in his own right, and you can even change with the scenario I mentioned above to something a little more suitable, within reason. Bottom line what "sells" me is the +3 skill rating. I just think Wreck-Gar is a little too crafty and seasoned to be done in by yet another big, stubborn, headstrong, brute like Motomaster.

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Quick Vote: Motormaster.

Long winded debate: Motormaster is more awesome. Therefore, Motormaster wins.

8. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Pretty obvious so far...

Wreck-Gar: Getting the votes from people who are actually thinking things through and coming up with logical arguments

Motormaster: Getting the casual fan who stops by and just votes without making an argument (unless you call, "Motormaster is a badass" an argument that is)

Looks forward to hearing Smog & Sto's arguments/opinions on this one...

9. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I see a long drawn out battle, both contestants transforming multiple times in the course of the battle (like in the movie when the junk dudes fought off the Autobots). Motormaster charging in truck mode, trying to smash into Wreck-Gar and then a quick transformation into rollerderby mode, Motormaster skating around popping off rounds at Wreck-Gar. Wreck-Gar would be doing his best, and easily doing it at the start, at avoiding the front grill of Motormaster while taking swipe shot with that mace/axe thing he has. Both are landing blows but the endurance of both makes for a long battle. I think that eventually, with both being exhausted Motormaster will run down Wreck-gar and claim his title - King of the Road of the tournament.
    Either way it will be long, drawn out, and with lots o' debris from both contestants littering the battle field at the end of the business day.

Chuck

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Same here.

Go, Wreck-Gar!

11. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

It's not that people aren't thinking things through, as I did think about the battle before casting my vote. Simple thing is I don't feel like getting into a debate over who is going to beat who in these tournaments anymore. I cast my vote and leave it at that. You, SMOG and whoever else can be condescending (sp?) to me all you want. But I prefer to use the cartoon fiction on who will win these fights. You prefer to use the tech-specs, comics, or another canon if you like. Simple thing is these are opinion based fights that's all. No one's vote is right or wrong and you should stop acting as though it is.

12. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

No one on the road is colder and crueler. Shows no mercy to Autobots who happen to be on the highway with him. Seeks to destroy Optimus Prime so he can claim to be "King of the Road". Can survive a collision with anyone, except Optimus Prime. Reaches a top speed of 140mph and can shatter a 20-foot concrete block. Uses a 400mph wind producing cyclone gun. Forms robot "Menasor" with fellow Stunticons.

his bio says he has a cyclone gun

13. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If Wreckgar was on his home turf, it would be an obvious win for him. The thing is, he's not on his home turf. I don't see Wreckgar as a guy who's going to hang back at range. His characterization in the cartoon was a fearless melee brawler, not a calculating strategist. Even descriptions of him give him a limited attention span due to so much exposure to T.V.. I realize many here will see a 3 point difference in skill as being overwhelming, but based on his description, lack of junk parts, and Motormaster's edge in raw power, I give this one to the king of the road. If you want to ignore descriptions and base your decision just on the numbers, Wreckgar is the one for you.

And Porkchop hit the nail on the head. I'm a little tired of the "only a fool would vote differently than me" rhetoric that often gets tossed around in many of these debates.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I agree with you Solo i just hope Wreck-gar doesn't get shafted due to fan fave votes for Motormaster, and Smog and Sto get your butts in here already!

15. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I agree with Tacitron and Evil Porkchop. These debates are getting much too serious and it has definately started to kill the fun that these debates once were. One guy goes with the cartoon, someone else goes by tech specs or the comic, while others try to bring in some jargen that supposedly upholds the laws of science In a debate about giant robots from space. Let's remeber about the fact that these are toys and try to keep this fun. Also sometimes it is pointless to state any reasons for your vote because it has been stated three times over by the time you get to vote. Plus some of us just don't have time to come up with a full page post defending our reasoning.
    All said and done, this vote goes to wreck-gar.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Motermaster..I said it before and I say it again..there is no one on that half that MM plays that will be able to take him down.

I base this on how I interpitate (<-- unsure of spelling on that) on how he is shown and what I think about him and his stats.

Motermaster is deadly, he is big, has great strenght (9) and he uses his strenght with his sword and fists like a forcefull power, he can also ram his targets in truck mode that would demolish almost anything. He completes himself with a suprem armor and gun. Sure he has a bit low skill but he is a straight forward one man assult force, almost unstopable and dont care much for thinking out a strategy like perhapps Prowl and Onslaught would. He also feel no fear and jumps straight on his opponent because he in his mind cant looose and he wont when facing of against a reguler bot ( no combiner, citybot,leader etc etc) imo.

Motermaster is one of the deadliest Decepticons toface of with because he becomes such a unstopable force of power that just destroys everything.

Motermaster as I see it as a warrior has no equal, he is like Conan ( Hun gurr comes close though with the same barberic way of fighting )

Wreck Gar is a good warrior but he cant beat Motermaster....
    Happy Now solo ;) 

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats not really the only reason.

A guy like Wreck-Gar could really doesnt feel pain.His arm could be shot or fall off and it wouldnt even bother him much.

Theres is no indication what so ever that Motormaster can even use the sword, much less how powerful it is on its own.

Are you seriously suggesting that a weapon that slows the information prosseing of the brain is not damaging in a fight????

Just imagine being able to use a tazzer on a persons brain just before a boxing match.

There is some debate over Motormasters gun.

There was either a misprint or a mistake in play here.

With MM's poor skill I doubt he has the driving finesse to hit a smaller,faster more agile target like WG.

So doesWreck-Gar.

He doesnt need to repair himself to 100%.

I covered this already.

I suggest you read his bio

It says he repairs himself with his junky remains "AND" junk.

and as in addition.
    Nowhere in there does it say he NEEDS junk to repair himself.

Thank you.

I want to hear what Smog has to say myself before I vote but for the most part I'm with "Omnus" on this argument.

As I said above theres no indication in his bio that he even uses the sword.

I see no indication of either of these statement either.

And I'm sure Smog will tell me its "written between the lines" but thats a matter of opinion.

What I see in MM is a bully, a dictator that relies on his size and strengths to scare others.

Yes he's willing to fight but I dont see any indication that he's a great warrior

18. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

4 pages in again before I get to the thread...

Weekends people, I have a social life!

Sheesh. ;) 

Okay, we have 2 toughies here (Round one. Fight!)

Oh, before we begin, let me just say that, as much as I just ignore the scale issues endemic to the line, Motormaster's feet have always really bothered me. The guy should be like, sixty-five feet tall!

So, let's make the comparison.

Motormaster is 1 point stronger (Why ya hit so hard?)

Wreck-Gar is 1 point smarter (Wile E. Coyote, Super-Genius.), faster (MEEP-MEEP!), and three points more skilled (Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!).

That's it. That is Motormaster's sole advantage. Firepower and endurance are equal and no, you don't get to discount what is says right there in the spec. Firepower is equal. It says so. (You skin that smokewagon and we'll see what happens!).

Let's look at Wreck-Gar's damage capacity. He has a strength of 8. That's comfortably up there. Against an endurance of 10 (incredible) and with an axe, he can still do some noticable damage (Ohhhhh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay! I sleep all night and I work all day!).

Nothing indicates Motormaster's sword is a one-hit killer. Remember, Menasor is a gestalt (By your powers combined...I am Captain Planet! GO PLANET!) and his ability to power that sword is far more than Motormaster's alone.

Motormaster again, has a single-point strength advantage, and that's all. He literally has no other edge and has shortfalls, including a three point one in skill (He is as clumsy as he is stupid.).

I can't see him winning. I see no other argument beyond "He is awesome.". Basically, it has yet to be even somewhat rationally argued in his favour.

Wreck-Gar is slightly faster, really comfortably more skilled, especially on a 10 point scale, and repairs aside, still has a staggering endurance score (I want you to hit me - as hard as you can...)

He can move in, fire his deceleration laser, chop into Motormaster, even give up a hit here and there, and still come out on top because we're looking at one fighter who is sub-par (A swing and a miss!) versus one who is equal or superior in every single way but strength, and that's a close match, against someone comfortably above-average (Who! Is! The Master!?).

I have to call Wreck-Gar due to his holding almost all the cards in this one (You'd better stop this fight! You ain't nothin' but a bum!). I just can't see a single point edge in strength carrying this at all, especially in the desert, where Wreck-Gar again has a slight edge due to his design. (You're the best! Around! No one's ever gonna keep you down!)

- Coeloptera

19. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    All the Wreckgar supporters are right. There's absolutely no reason to think Motormaster even wields a sword... um, except for the first post of this thread where he's holding it right there in his picture.

I think it's been noted many, many times already that stats are often an amalgam of many different features. Endurance may refer to damage resistance (like Motormaster), it may refer to fuel effiency or ability to travel long distances (like Bumblebee) or it may even refer to a transformer's ability to repair itself or keep going after taking damage (like Wreckgar). The thing is, in Wreckgar's case, it's directly stated in his bio that when he takes a hit he's able to ameliorate the damage by reassembling himself with junk parts.

I'd say that puts his 10 endurance in question when he's in a desert environment (unless you're aware of another bio that gives him the same ability with sand - I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'd just like to see the source on that one if you don't mind terribly). And I agree that Wreckgar won't flinch while losing an arm, but I'm afraid I don't see that as an advantage against a stronger opponent who will happily tramp all of Wreckgar's quivering pieces into the dirt.

I don't see why it's 'irrational' to consider other sources besides raw numbers. Otherwise, why have a contest? Shouldn't we then just total up the 'stats that matter' and give the whole shebang to whomever has the highest total? It would certainly save time, I admit.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Oki here is the pic of MM in his original bio in the old comics.

[​IMG]

I say MM is well equiped with his sword, he just dont use it very much and is more for Menasor. But in a fight like this with a combatant with a Melee weapon I see no reason to think anything else that MM will draw his sword aswell and I think his skill with the sword is just as good as Wreck Gar.

I see why ppl see him as a bully, I however see him as a great decepticon warrior.

Wreck Gar I alsway seen as a comedy guy and not the first bot I would chose for a strike force. He is also in a dessert and he cant repair himself all the time because then the contest would be over as he would never die. Wreck Gar will be smashed, shoot and sliced when MM is done with him.