[MVD] Final: #1 Wreck-Gar vs #2 Motormaster

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 21, 2009.

?

[MVD] Final: #1 Wreck-Gar vs #2 Motormaster

Poll closed Sep 24, 2009.
  1. Wreck-Gar

53.2%
  2. Motormaster

46.8%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Monument Valley Desert Championship

Final: #1 Seed Wreck-Gar vs #2 Seed Motormaster

Voting ends at 11:59 pm(CT), September 23rd, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:

Wreck-Gar defeated: Windcharger, Swindle, Afterburner & Sandstorm

Motormaster defeated: Scavenger, Chop Shop & Brawl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WRECK-GAR

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    SUB-GROUP: JUNKION
    FUNCTION: JUNKION LEADER

"Collect and save, collect and save."

Profile: Wreck-Gar is the leader of the Junkions, and like his people, is a creature comprised of rusted scraps, dented odds and ends, chassis bits, and manifold parts - a walking, very powerful and all but indestructible Junkbot, i.e., a robot of junk. When he is hit by laser blasts and falls apart, he reassembles himself out of the junky remains of his body and available junk heaps that constitute the structure of his planetoid, and keeps right on coming. And his speech and attitudes are also a junkyard-like collection of languages and broadcast fragments overheard from all over the universe - scraps of T.V. commercials, soap opera dialogue, old song lyrics and valentine inscriptions merged with quotations from history given out of context. As Wreck-Gar might say, "Holy Mackeral, Mrs. Olson, your mountain-grown easy-listening sidekick, kimosabe, wishes you have a nice industrial-strength day. Film at eleven or not."

Abilities: Wreck-Gar can transform into motorcycle mode and back to robot mode continuously in battle, so that his "ruins" become his transformed mode and back again any time he takes a direct hit. In robot mode, he carries an armor axe and a decelerator laser that inhibits an enemy robot's flow of cerebral impulses. Speed: 160 mph. Range: 100 miles.

Weaknesses: Subject is sometimes too good-natured; he can be tricked by those trying to take advantage of his aid. He has an inability to focus for very long periods of time; this attention defecit disorder can probably be traced to his long exposure to television programming.

MOTORMASTER

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: STUNTICON
    FUNCTION: STUNTICON LEADER

"These wheels are made for crushing."

Profile: On the road, there is not a 16-ton hunk of rolling steel more cold and cruel than Motormaster. He shows mercy to none, least of all the unfortunate human drivers who happen to be sharing a highway with him. He'll brutally barrel through any traffic tie-up - he'd even roll over a baby carriage if it were in his way. He doesn't care - he knows nothing on wheels can survive a collision with him, except, perhaps, Autobot Leader Optimus Prime - and Motormaster would give you an argument on that. In fact, he looks forward to that very confrontation so he can destroy Optimus and claim, without reservation, he is "King of the Road." His Stunticon followers tremble before his commands, which he gives with a thundering voice that has the hollow, doom-laden tone of an echo from a bottomless well. They hate him, but they fear him too much to disobey him.

Abilities: In truck mode, Motormaster is virtually unstoppable. At his top speed of 140 mph, he can ram a 20 foot-thick block of concrete and crumble it without cracking a headlight. In robot mode, he has enormous strength and carries an atom-smasher cannon, which shoots a high-energy beam of protons that can shred all but the densest materials. He combines with his fellow Stunticons to form the giant robot Menasor.

Weaknesses: Other than being highly fuel-consumptive, Motormaster has no known weaknesses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Wreck-Gar:8 Motormaster:9
    Intelligence:
    Wreck-Gar:7 Motormaster:6
    Speed:
    Wreck-Gar:6 Motormaster:5
    Firepower:
    Wreck-Gar:7 Motormaster:7
    Skill:
    Wreck-Gar:7 Motormaster:4
    Endurance:
    Wreck-Gar:10 Motormaster:10
    Courage:
    Wreck-Gar:9 Motormaster:9
    Wreck-Gar:7 Motormaster:7

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    What a great matchup. I KNOW that Motormaster is the fan favorite here but I really hope we get some debate and not just quick votes. Someone is going to have to convince me how Motormaster can win this one with just a one point strength edge while Wreck-Gar is faster, smarter, more skilled, and even in all other categories!

3. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Heres why motormaster wins. Wreck-gar only has a 10 endurance because he can repair himself with scrap parts. however, in the open desert there are no scrap parts to repair himself. I say one slash from motormasters sword will cut wreck gar in half. If this battle was on junkion or a junk filled environment, wreck-gar would win. However, in the open desert motormaster will easily smother him.

4. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I see your point but no way is this contest going to be EASY for either combatant!!

5. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

also, wreck gar has no damaging weapons, only a gun that temporarily tuns people, while motormaster has a powerful cyclone gun. ad motormaster could just turn into truck mode and ram into wreck gar, and then finish him off with his giant sword. and motormasters cyclone gun would be very effective in this environment, as it could create a miniature sand tornado that would deal some serious damage to wreck gar.

6. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

i guess your right., but i dont see a way that motormaster could lose.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    that has been claimed in every match Wreck-gar has been in and he has won each one even the triple threat match he won in the last round , that said he hasn't faced anyone of of Motormaster's caliber until now i am not voting yet and this will not be an easy win for either opponent and i am some what surprised to see Wreck-gar having so many edges on Motormaster also Wreck-gar has his Axe, honest Wreck-gar has a real chance of winning if he can use his advantages well

8. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Actually they have the exact same rating in Firepower, although I agree the cyclone gun could come in handy. It seems to me you are just making quick points based on your feelings without actually breaking down things in an in depth manner...

And I feel that 'stunning' or 'paralyzing' someone in one of these contests could be a great way to claim victory...especially with a big armour axe weapon to hit the stunned bot with!!

9. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

I still think motormaster will smother him. I dont no why wreck gar has a 7 firepower, considering he has no damaging ranged weapons. motormaster will beat wreck gar at range and a melee. Im still waiting for a good wreck-gar argument.

10. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    And I'm still waiting for a good Motormaster one!!

:lolol 

11. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

thats very strange, maybe the tech specs are messed up, as his bio says he only has a stunning laser and an axe, which hardly compare to motormasters cyclone gun and huge sword (menasors sword)

12. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    i vote for wreck gar because he is more fit for the enviroment. wreck gar is a motorcycle which would be more manuverable in a desert than a semi truck and in his abilities it states the he can transform continuisly so the above state ment is even more enforced.

13. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

i gave you one. wreck gar has NO damaging ranged weapons. motormaster will smother him.all wreck gar can do is stun him.

14. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

How would that confuse motormaster? he could just shoot his cyclone gun and whip up a sand tornado that would send wreck gar flying. and wreck-gar cant repair himself in the desert, so he is vulnerable.

15. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    LOL NO YOU DIDNT!!!

Like I said, I am still waiting for a good argument!!!

(BTW the sword is comparable to the axe as the paralyzing gun is comparable to the cyclone gun)

Wreck-Gar is smarter, quicker and more skilled and you havent talked about how any of that will be countered besides your cave-man styled arguments. How is Motormaster going to counter the constant transforming of Wreck Gar? What does Motormaster do if Wreck-Gar stuns him and come is and NAILS him with that axe?? How is Motormaster going to get around as a semi (which you suggested he would do) in a DESERT???

I was unsure when this was posted but the more I hear your logic the more I want to vote for Wreck-Gar!!

16. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    WRECK-GAR

Profile: When he is hit by laser blasts and falls apart, he reassembles himself out of the junky remains of his body

Abilities: Wreck-Gar can transform into motorcycle mode and back to robot mode continuously in battle, so that his "ruins" become his transformed mode and back again any time he takes a direct hit. In robot mode, he carries an armor axe and a decelerator laser that inhibits an enemy robot's flow of cerebral impulses. Speed: 160 mph. Range: 100 miles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This can be done in the desert!!! Is it easier in Junkion yes, but he can do it here to so dont discount that!

17. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

wreck-gar would not be stupid enough to engage motormaster at close range. Motormasters 10 endurance means he can easily shrug off wreck-gars axe attacks, and one slice from his sword (menasors sword btw) would easily carve though wreck-gar. And the de-accelrator laser just stuns people.

heres the thing: wreck-gar is a salesman. motormaster is a cold, brutal warrior.

He can do it but not fully, as he still needs junk to repair himself. motormaster would wear him down until wreck-gar is unable to repair himself. Then motormaster would finish him off.

18. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

i can tell by the poll that wreck-gar is getting the popularity vote, which is the only real problem of this contest. I bet if there was a bumblebee vs cutthroat tournament bumblebee would win despite the fact the cutthroat beats him in every way.
    and heres another way motormaster wins:

motormaster is a warrior. wreck-gar is a salesman. motormaster probably has a lot more combat experience than wreck-gar.
    I dont see any way wreck gar can win, seeing as his only damaging weapon is a melee weapon, and motormaster would crush wreck-gar
    at melee combat. At range all wreck-gar can do is stun motormaster with his de-accelerator rifle while motormaster can blast away at him with his cyclone gun.

My argument may not be a good one but there is no counter to it. wreck gar cant do anything at range besides stunning. motormaster beats him at range and at melee combat.

19. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    They BOTH have a 10 endurance!!

I don't know why you keep discounting the de-accelerator gun (which never says stun anywhere) but regardless stunning or paralyzing someone in battle is HUGE especially with another 'melee' weapon (as you called it) to use

When does it ever say he has to have other junk. You are just making this stuff up!

Actually, I would say Motormaster is more popular, how can you make a comment ONE hour into the vote like that, its freaking 3-2 what are you even talking about!! and you obviously WERE NOT around last tournament where Bumblebee and many other fan favorites bit the dust easily when up against a stronger/better opponent!! Even Optimus Prime went out before the finals. Please stop talking out of your arse!!

Actually, given their ages I would say Wreck-Gar has probably seen more combat...

20. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I see it as quite the opposite (and wanted to explain why before momentum started going in the votes).

I don't see a way that Motormaster can win. The reason is the weapon that Wreck-Gar carries:

In layman's terms, it slows down the target's brain.

So, the first time Wreck-Gar shoots Motormaster, Motormaster's brain slows down and the world (and everything in it) becomes a blur to him.

Motormaster's reactions will be slow enough that by the time he reacts to anything, 3 other important things will probably have already happened. All Wreck-Gar needs to do at that point is close with Motormaster and keep hacking away with his armor axe and circling, so that Motormaster will never be striking where Wreck-Gar is at that point in time. Wreck-Gar just needs to keep that up until Motormaster is off-line.

The profile makes no mention of how long the effect lasts, but lets give it a fairly quick time to wear off of about a minute. That means that Wreck-Gar just needs to remember to "re-dose" Motormaster by shooting him every 30 seconds or so. With an Intelligence of 7, Wreck-Gar is certainly capable of keeping that thought in his brain.

I suppose the only real question is 'Would Wreck-Gar be able to hit Motormaster with his decelerator laser before Motormaster does something incredibly damaging to Wreck-Gar?'

For the answer to that, I'm going to the stats. Wreck-Gar has an above-average Skill rating of 7, while Motormaster has a poor Skill rating of 4.

With the results of that comparison, the answer is a pretty solid 'Yes'.

Based on the effects of Wreck-Gar's weapon and the difference in Skill, I have to vote for Wreck-Gar. There is just no way I could ever logically justify a win for Motormaster in this match.