[MVD-3] Contest #1: #2 Motormaster vs #3 Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 7, 2009.

?

[MVD-3] Contest #1: #2 Motormaster vs #3 Brawl

Poll closed Sep 9, 2009.
  1. Motormaster

59.6%
  2. Brawl

40.4%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Monument Valley Desert Contests: Semifinal

Semifinal #1: #2 Seed Motormaster vs #3 Seed Brawl

Voting ends at 11:59 pm(CT), September 8th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:
    Motormaster defeated: Scavenger & Chop Shop

Brawl defeated: First Aid & Divebomb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MOTORMASTER

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: STUNTICON
    FUNCTION: STUNTICON LEADER

"These wheels are made for crushing."

Profile: On the road, there is not a 16-ton hunk of rolling steel more cold and cruel than Motormaster. He shows mercy to none, least of all the unfortunate human drivers who happen to be sharing a highway with him. He'll brutally barrel through any traffic tie-up - he'd even roll over a baby carriage if it were in his way. He doesn't care - he knows nothing on wheels can survive a collision with him, except, perhaps, Autobot Leader Optimus Prime - and Motormaster would give you an argument on that. In fact, he looks forward to that very confrontation so he can destroy Optimus and claim, without reservation, he is "King of the Road." His Stunticon followers tremble before his commands, which he gives with a thundering voice that has the hollow, doom-laden tone of an echo from a bottomless well. They hate him, but they fear him too much to disobey him.

Abilities: In truck mode, Motormaster is virtually unstoppable. At his top speed of 140 mph, he can ram a 20 foot-thick block of concrete and crumble it without cracking a headlight. In robot mode, he has enormous strength and carries an atom-smasher cannon, which shoots a high-energy beam of protons that can shred all but the densest materials. He combines with his fellow Stunticons to form the giant robot Menasor.

Weaknesses: Other than being highly fuel-consumptive, Motormaster has no known weaknesses.

BRAWL

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: COMBATICON
    FUNCTION: GROUND ASSAULT

"I was built to be wild!"

Profile: Brawl is loud. Whether he's talking, shooting, or merely moving, he makes a lot of noise - grating, clanking, booming noise that irritates all those nearby, friend and foe alike. As unpleasant as that side of him is, there are other aspects of his personality that his fellow Combaticons consider even worse. He has a hair-trigger temper and expresses his frequent anger with a savage fury truly terrible to behold. But, at least this seething rage that drives him, that makes him so unpleasant to be with, also makes him a terrifyingly effective warrior. He makes no secret of his blustering belligerence; the mere sound of his approach is enough to unnerve Autobots. His actual arrival can paralyze them with mind-numbing fear. If he weren't always so angry, Brawl might find this pleasing.

Abilities: Brawl possesses enormous strength and is resistant to most conventional artillery. In tank mode, he can reach speeds of 45 mph and has a range of 600 miles. His turret-mounted gun shoots a shell up to a distance of 3.5 miles with an explosive force of 200 Ibs. of TNT. His twin sonic cannon shoots powerful, ear-splitting bursts of concentrated sound energy of up to 300 decibels. He can manipulate this energy in stereo (a result of the cannon's dual configuration) to shatter anything from a crystal wine glass to a cinder-block bunker. In robot mode, he wields a 10-megawatt electron gun. He combines with his fellow Combaticons to form the giant robot, Bruticus.

Weaknesses: Brawl is virtually incapable of being quiet, making him an easily identifiable target as he approaches a battle. In tank mode, his turret is prone to getting locked in one position, particularly in dusty environments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Motormaster:9 Brawl:8
    Intelligence:
    Motormaster:6 Brawl:2
    Speed:
    Motormaster:5 Brawl:4
    Firepower:
    Motormaster:7 Brawl:8
    Skill:
    Motormaster:4 Brawl:7
    Endurance:
    Motormaster:10 Brawl:9
    Courage:
    Motormaster:9 Brawl:9
    Motormaster:7 Brawl:5

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brawls a badass, but I think Motormaster has the potential to win this entire tournament.

Motormaster.

3. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Gotta go with MotorMaster on this one.

4. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    There is a reason Motormaster is the leader of his team, and not just a member. Motormaster has the power and ambition to take on Optimus Prime...so he should have no problem with Brawl.

5. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Wow! Been waiting on this one. Very curios indeed as to the outcome. I really like Motormaster but fear this may be another popularity contest. Outside of intelligence, I really think Brawl could stand toe to toe with this guy.

6. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

At first I was going to vote Motormaster on preference alone. Then I saw it was in the desert and thought, maybe Brawl since his alt mode is more suited. Then I read the weaknesses and tech specs and was convinced Motormaster would win hands down. He is just too smart for Brawl.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Agreed! Look at these guys... very tight match actually.

Motormaster has barely a one-point lead in any of his stats (other than Intelligence). Brawl on the other hand has a bit of a lead in Firepower and a CONSIDERABLE edge in Skill. Brawl may be be big, dumb and loud, but he's a true professional soldier, and good at his job... while Motormaster is a brute who relies mostly on raw muscle and intimidation... two traits that will be hard pressed against Brawl.

:lol  Why? Is he going to challenge him to a Scrabble game? Outwit him in a debate? Or is he going to hide in the sagebrush and set an ambush?

And what about Intelligence? Motormaster's Intelligence is only slightly above average... he's barely smart enough to be worthy of an command position. Plus he's not really the type to play things strategic. Leader of the Stunticons or not, he's still a blunt instrument. Motormaster's ego will lead him to meet Brawl head-on, without fussing around with trickery or guile.

This match is still HARDLY a done deal. Sadly I think the popularity vote will favour Motormaster, but the more thoughtful voter will see that, whatever the outcome, Motormaster will be fighting for his life here!

I'm not decided... but I don't think anyone should count Brawl out! Between his Skill and Firepower, he could take this.

BTW
    ... anyone voting against Brawl solely because of his turret's vulnerability to dust should consider that that turret gun is possibly Brawl's weakest weapon, and is only used in tank mode anyway. In the truly random off chance that it would jam up at a critical moment, he still has other weapons to rely on.

zmog

8. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Gotta be honest here...I'm kinda feeling Brawl on this one. He's right there with MM and has a slight edge in firepower and a considerable advantage in the skill department. I hope people actually read the stats here and not just automatically vote for MM.

9. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Brawl... Motormaster is nothing but a bully type character. Smash him in the face just one and he backs down. Brawl is just th character that can do that.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I know on paper its Motormaster, but Brawl is just so much cooler

11. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I like this fight. It's strength and endurance vs skill and firepower. Who's gonna outlast who? I'm gonna think on it a bit...

12. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Usually I vote in the first 30 seconds. But I just don't know here.

Brawl has the advantage until things get within arms reach, where Motormaster will probably just pummel him. The desert valley further give another advantage to brawl.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

At first, I thought Brawl because he's a tank... Motormaster's a truck. How could a truck beat a tank?

But then I looked at the tech specs, and see that Motormaster's got more strength, intelligence, rank, endurance, and speed than Brawl.

So I voted for Motormaster.

14. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I ended up voting Brawl. Even though Motormaster is one of my favorites, it's just seems a bit easy for Brawl to hang back in the sand and shoot up motormaster. A truck can't really drive in sand, while a tank can do a lot. Because of the terrain I think Brawl has the speed advantage. Eventually he'll just wear down Motormaster with ranged attacks.

I am glad though that Motormaster will probably win the votes.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Same here.

Although, I think it would be a close fight with MM barely winning in the end.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    ill need more time to consider n but im leaning towards Brawl

17. NoLessThanAGod

NoLessThanAGod Lost in Looserville

News Credits:
    Me: Hey Motormaster, did your best friend ever sell your brain to a group of highschool kids?

Motormaster: Nope

Me: Ok, you win.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

And Brawl is no slouch in Strength and Endurance either. Both are heavily armoured, both incredibly strong. Motormaster only edges Brawl out by a single point.

I will confess though, that 10 Endurance is hard to argue with. Considering that Motormaster is notably hard on gas, that's not talking about his fuel economy... that's pure toughness. Though Brawl's 9 Endurance is pretty serious business too...

Actually in a punch-up, it's pretty close. Motormaster is only a bit stronger that way, while Brawl is much more skilled. I think the Skill advantage would win Brawl this fight at close quarters, if not for the equalizing factor of Motormaster's sword. Again, I think it's a very close one.

But at range... if you compare the Skill and Firepower, Brawl's just going to be landing a LOT more hits, and BIGGER hits, before this fight gets into close range. By the time Motormaster closes in on his foe, he'll be nice and tenderized.

As for the terrain, a normal truck would be at a disadvantage, but a Stunticon truck would probably fare better. Anyone remember that old episode of Knight Rider when he has to face that giant, black indestructible truck called Goliath in the middle of the desert? That's what this makes me think of... faced with that sight, I think lesser Cons would panic... though not Brawl, with his 9 Courage.

I think Brawl could stick to the rockier terrain of the valley... his treads could navigate inclines like that better than Motormaster, and thus he could at least avoid getting rammed by Motormaster. However, while Brawl is a very skilled soldier, his 2 Intelligence suggests that he's better at following battle plans than formulating them. He might be smart enough to use available cover, but probably not smart enough to use the terrain itself to his advantage.

That brings it back to a flat out skirmish... and I'm not sure who to hand the victory to.

You really think Intelligence, Rank and Speed are going to be big factors in this fight? :) 

zmog

19. swampert123

swampert123 Team Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is this like a vote of hoos better?

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think this would come down to MM over confidence, he would expect to win and would leave himself open, brawl will just go in looking to hit something and first chanse he gets he will, that wont end it but he wants to brake stuff MM wants to bully people it a big personallity advantage. So Brawl wins.