Minor/Repaint: Mutant Razor Claw with make sense colors (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by unicronsupreme, Aug 6, 2008.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I always thought that a green wolverine made no sense at all. I finally got around to painting this sucker a couple days ago. I really wanted to use a darker brown, but I didn't have one. I did, however, have two bottles of tan. I tried to mix up some darker brown using one of those, some black, and some red, and I got what I used here, which doesn't look much different (if at all) from the regular base testors flat tan. I'm thinking that I'll probably go over most of this again in dark brown. One of the interesting things about painting this guy is that he has texture on 90% of his body which made painting those areas both easier and harder at the same time. It was easier in that it hides potential brush strokes, and harder in that you can easily lose the texture if you put the paint on too thick.

Anyways, I need some advice. I could use a good recommendation for a brown color that would fit both a raptor and a wolverine. I would also like some thoughts on how I can prevent the paint from rubbing off at transformation points. This guy rubs a LOT during transformation and quite a bit of green is already visible. I have some Tamiya clear coat spray. Will that do the trick?

The pic with Actionmaster Snarl is how I have him on my desk. I think it fits as Snarl being the robot mode that was removed from him by Megatron.

Attached Files:

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    So yu painted him a more BW Dinobot colour, makes sence it fits both modes! Great job!

3. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I noticed once I was done painting him. I also think it looks like the color of the resin that Hasbro uses for it's demo models.

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

that looks nice. just it up a bit and it'll be great!

5. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'm going to add some black details on it once I decide what color brown I want to end up with. I also plan on painting the eyes blue and lips black and repaint the teeth white since I messed up and got tan all over them.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nicely done man.