Must have from the ROTF line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SimonMK, Jul 5, 2009.

1. 420bot

420bot ******

Jetimus prime is totally worth it, and as far as premium's go just b/c hasbro says no, takara tomy didn't, buster prime or whatever, hint hint.

2. Hippobotimus

Hippobotimus Well-Known Member

Voyager Megs is a must have. great sculpt. very detailed. good articulation (waist movement! yay!) and more accurate than the Leader version. Everytime I mess with him he continues to amaze me. He's go the giant claw hand, the blaster hand, jet pack with wings, tread feet.... he's just awesome!!

Also, Leader OP is a must have, but that's a no brainer. My third choice would be deluxe SideSwipe.

3. Xeron

Xeron Well-Known Member

I really like the scouts springer, depthcharge, and ransack (especially ransack). Deluxe sideways and sideswipe are pretty sweet too.

4. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    ha bumblebee and leader optimus

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The Fallen

Best figure in the line.

6. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking at Leader OP and was wondering, does his fingers has articulation like the first movie? Because I look at them and its look like its can't move.

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, the fingers do not move.

Box art seems to hint that this was planned at one point but evidently was removed.

8. SPECTER

SPECTER Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure they dont.

Id have to say like everyone else; Leader Prime, HA Bumblebee, The Fallen, and Sideswipe.

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Top-tier "must-have"
    Leader Prime
    HA Bee

Regular "must-have"
    Rampage
    Sideswipe

just missed "must-have" status but I wouldn't want to do without
    Mudflap
    Skids
    Sideways
    Starscream

10. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

have you tried ignoring his actual feet and just use the wheels and heel spurs? Makes a huge difference.

11. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

Aye, keep Sideswipe's heels semi-folded in and he has pretty good support. Try to compact the kibble on his back too, which is pretty easy.

Must haves:

Deluxe: Sidwswipe, Sideways(Not screen-accurate, but pretty close. Also very fun to transform. Not-so-much robot to vehicle though.), Rampage(Though I wish for a Voyager of him XD), Mudflap (he's better than Skids overall. Less annoying to get back into vehicle mode.), and maybe the regular Bumblebee if you didn't get the one from the first movie(Not cannon Bumblebee, I hardly see him worth it.)

Voyager: Definitely need to get Mixmaster. He may be hard to stand up sometimes, but he does have a pretty sweet design. It amazes me how wirey he is.

And Scout, you need Ejector. Because it's an awesome toaster.

12. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader Optimus Prime is decided but I will wait for sale before buying any Leader. I actually planned on buying him for normal price but its kinda complicated.

I live in Montreal and because of the French language law, they cut the voice of the Leaders to fit the law. Normally, OP say ''I am Optimus Prime'' but the Leader OP in Quebec say ''Optimus Prime''. Which sound stupid to me. There a store that had the OP with the full voice but they sold him for 69,95$ I refused because its rip-off paying 10$ more just to hear ''I am...''. The normal price here is 59,99$

Same thing for Megatron, instead of ''I am Megatron!'' he say ''Megatron! HA HA HA!''. I don't know about Jetfire since he still not out here.

And I already spend around 140$ for 4 Voyagers in the last 2 weeks. So I will wait for a sale...

Anyway, I have a question about Leader Megatron. Compared to the first movie Premium, is he better? I remember when my brother bought it and I transformed him, his transformation wasn't fun for me (I think its because its was complex and boring but I didn't mind OP's transformation) and his robot mode was horrible to me mostly for the no rotation on his head. I decided to not buy him, not even the Premium, even if he was Megatron.

I looked at Peaugh's video review on Leader Megatron and his transformation look much simplier and I kinda like it but I don't recall seeing any rotation on the head. He also mention something about his Cannon/Sword arm having no elbow... there really no elbow? I planned on having with cool pose with his Cannon/Sword arm. I can't really do that with his left arm... since it doesn't look menacing...

Still un-certain about Jetfire... if I buy him its really just for the combined mode but OP on his own look very good and I didn't see much about the combined mode, I didn't find any gallery and the video reviews, they don't really pose him (show the articulation), give a look around the mode.

13. Malikon

I probably already said it. But Sideways is amazing and seems rather underrated. Great in both modes, and a really creepy looking robot mode.

14. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Stratosphere, mostly for that awesome looking Mini Con style Prime.
    Jetfire because he's big, black and makes Prime look pretty badass when combined

15. Malikon

Stratosphere still comes with mini-Prime? I thought that was taken out? Maybe it was the gun I was thinking of.

Honestly mini-Prime was the only reason I wanted that toy, lol. His feet kill it for me.

16. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get this two

Attached Files:

17. Sigmadead

Sigmadead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Only real must haves for me were Ravage and Sideswipe. Considering Soundwave, but everytime I look at him I end up putting him back..

Skywarp was awesome looking tho, for a repaint.