Musical Instruments Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by psj333, Dec 26, 2008.

1. psj333

psj333 Banned

Now that Laserbeak is being reformatted into a rock guitar for Transformers: Animated, will there be more Transformers that will transform into musical instruments besides vehicles, land animals, bugs, tape and cd players, and firearms for Season 3? If you don't know or can't think of something, please just be creative and use your imagination before Season 3 airs, such as names, alt-modes, functions, factions, and illustrations to go with each character. Good luck!

2. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

You didnt structure your question very well so im going to answer assuming you meant instead as opposed to besides which really doesnt make much sense.

In which case yes season 3 will very likely have the new minion thats packaged with Static Shock Soundwave which imo will be Ratbat that transforms into a keyboard guitar.

But beyond that I highly doubt it Animated has thankfully stuck to Animals/Vehicles as alt modes Laserbeak & whoever the new minion as are kind of cool because of the way they play on G1 Soundwave. If Soundwave does appear in season 3 sporting Laserbeak and/or the new minion said minions wont get VAs (well they might make animal sound) or any real charecterization it works in the case of Soundwaves minions but on the whole its a pretty lame alt mode.

3. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

haha megs comes back to earth and instead of transforming into his kick ass helicopter he becomes a... flute :) 

On a more serious note i agree with ravage1976, the idea works well as a play on G1 soundwave but wouldn't work for any of the others.

4. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    rumble as a drumkit
    need i say more?

5. psj333

psj333 Banned

Yeah, You Can!

Yeah, you can, transmetal2dinobot! Please, give me more in specific details. Please, I would love to know these musical instrument Transformers more, whether Autobots or Decepticons.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I'm making rumble into a Marshall stack for my kitbash! Actually a Rumble stack!

7. psj333

psj333 Banned

Longarm as a Musical Instrument

Look, we all do know that Longarm is a futuristic burly-looking Autobot crane. But if he were to return in Season 3, let's just say, and he betrays Megatron and and not just his entire Autobot team to work for Soundwave, what musical instrument mode could he be rather than just being a crane. Here's a hint:

This musical instrument is based on Longarm's namesake ability (able to stretch out his limbs).

And remember, just like I said before that you can always be creative. Good luck!

8. ilikepuppies

ilikepuppies Mighty Muggs Make Me Mad

a... trom... bone:sly2: 

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    heh

i drew this once a long time ago

[​IMG]

musical instruments are kinda hit and miss IMO. some would kinda work but most? not really. in my opinion anyways

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i hope that new soundwave comes with a yellow repainted guitar lol!

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Derrick Wyatt stated he wanted to get Ratbat, Waspinator, and Galvatron in to Animated. He said he got 2 out of 3. Since we know Galvatron is currently not planned in Animated, it's easy to assume that Ratbat will be appearing.

Hopefully Laserbeak will get some animation time with a Soundwave return.

12. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    Laserbeak as an electric guitar

Rumble as a drum set

Buzzsaw as a bass

and

Ratbat as a stand with mic

COLLECT ALL FOUR AND FORM YOUR OWN TONE-DEAF SOUNDWAVES

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Soundwave should transform in to an XBox 360, and his "minions" can be various Rock Band components. Then the Autobots and Decepticons can battle it out, Rock Band 2 style, to some Journey.

I'd watch that.

14. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    ok more
    buzzsaw as a bass, frenzy as a speaker(get in a movie nod... kinda)
    ratbat is more difficult to place though

15. psj333

psj333 Banned

Longarm as Soundwave's Hired Man, His Musical Instrument Mode

What if Longarm resigns as his position as head of Cybertronian Intelligence, and sides with Soundwave along with Laserbeak and other musical instrument bots? As a musical instrument, what alt-mode will he be, besides being a crane? What robots are you fans are waiting to see them return as musical instruments and not tapes (Soundwave's original henchmen)? If you can think of one, name them, and give each one of them a brief details of who they are and what they do? Please, be specific and creative. First, let's start off with Longarm's new alt-mode. Remember, in the Autobot Academy on how Longarm got his name from Sentinel Prime for having his abilities to stretch out his limbs? Here's a hint, one of the instruments that uses this similar ability is a free-reed instrument. If possible, please illustrate this new Longarm's alt-mode along with his new robot mode and post them online to let us imagine on what Longarm would really look like as a musical instrument and not a vehicle. Also, please use this step to do the same thing for all other robots who may return as Soundwave's hired men. Just illustrate them and a brief description for each. Good luck. Please note, illustrations can be done in Transformers: Animated cartoon style and in color.

16. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    :wtf: 

the hell you on about?

17. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

I don't think Longarm would become an instrument. But who will play all these instruments everyone is talking about!

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:

I think blaster could easily pull it off with his own musical insruments minions.

19. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

My Buddy and I were just talking about this.

I was going to try my hand at making customs from scratch, but out ideas were as follows (so far)..

Buzzsaw-Guitar (this one is an obvious cheat, i was just going to buy another SW and repaint Laserbeak)

Rumble/Frenzy- Drum Kit- They would join into one huge Kit, w/double Bass
    (possibly just rumble as a drum kit)

Frenzie-Keyboard- If we decided to only do rumble as the drum kit.

Ravage- Bass Guitar- This one would be a custom mold (it would have to be).

I think this will be a hard enough start, and if i can get them done I'll look into more.

20. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

Yeah didn't think of blaster. His minions would work as well as he was essentially just a bot version of soundwave.