music score for WFC and FOC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    I was wondering how the music was for WFC and FOC (though I know most probably don't know yet for FOC).
    Is it the typical synthesizer crap or is it more sweeping orchestral work like Prime or Jablonsky's score?
    Also does anyone know who does the music for those games?
    Please and thank you.

2. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

If I remember from what I've played of WFC so far, a lot of it is the "synthesizer crap" you mentioned. I seem to recall such a hard rock-esque soundtrack accompanying a level in which you're trying to utilize the speedway to get to the Decagon, but my recollection could be failing me. I only received the game recently and haven't played it frequently enough to know for sure. But, I do recall there being dramatic music durring especailly suspensful battling sequences, and if I'm accurate, it was more orchastra than synthesizer. Regardless, I wasn't a big fan of any of it.

As for FOC, I just don't know, but the music for the "Through the Matrix" trailer, I believe, was amazing and sounded traditional.

EDIT: I think Tyler Bates did the music for WFC. Don't know about FOC.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WFC had a few good tracks, which you can hear on Youtube:thumb 

I hope the music in FOC is better than WFC, as many of the tracks were very forgetable:/

4. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

That would be the word right there.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    If you've listened to the Steve Jablonsky tracks, it's like a more synthesized version of it. The music gets epic here and there - such as the battles against Omega Supreme and Soundwave - but it's mostly forgettable.

FOC appears to have a more DOTM/Inception-inspired score, going by descriptions from E3 and a trailer or two.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Of course music is subjective. I didn't find WfC's score to be forgettable at all. In fact I was looking for an album. Judging from the first level the score sound more orchestral like the movies.