Music Label Soundwave worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundatron, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

So I'm thinking of picking up a Music Label Soundwave but have many questions.

Batteries are required, yet what kind are needed?
    Use's SD Cards? Any SD card imparticular?
    How big is he, can anyone gimme a pic with scale?

I plan to also get rid of my iPod nano cause it does nothing but give me trouble. It's just a p.o.s. so would ol Soundwave be worth it here?

2. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

It is a beautiful fully jointed G1 Soundwave, a functional music player, and fills a glaring hole in a Classics display. That said he's deluxe sized, and uses a poorer music storage medium. I'd say he's a must-have, personally, but not quite worth what they're asking.

4. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that thinks this toy looks ... well ... extremely cheap? The buttons aren't flush and the colors don't do much for me.

5. Soundatron

how do I put mp3 files on an SD card? I've never used one before besides my digital camera.

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would assume there is a USB port like most players have, and that the SD card is just in there so you can upgrade storage size and have as many cards full of music as you want. Basically you'd plug the USB cable into Soundwave and dump whatever you want onto the card.

I like SD cards because they give you an infinite amount of storage space, unlike the CreativeLabs player I have now which has 1gig built in but no way to expand.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if Hasbro would release him over here in the Classics 2.0 line, but gut him of his MP3 player, sell him as a deluxe, and the repaint him as Soundblaster. I would buy both for sure.

8. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Easy! Just take the SD and place it into a memory card reader. Click and drag the songs you want, onto the "removable device" found under "My Computer" on your PC.

The directory structure is currently unknown. I'm not sure if Soundwave as the ability to go through folders ... so your music might be a bit difficult to sort. .

9. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Speaking of Soundblaster, I wouldn't be surprised if Takara/Tomy released a repaint of this mold of the same name.

10. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Now that would be awesome. He's great!

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

While it certainly does *look* awesome, is there any info on how it works or how well it plays? It looks like it can skip forward and back if the buttons on the front actually work, and seeing as we've never seen any pics of the back it may have a small display screen for sorting through files. If that's the case then I wouldn't need anything else, as long as it's not a full time Shuffle thing I know it'd be great for me.

Though I do believe it needs batteries...

12. Soundatron

yes it needs batteries

Ok everyone yes a classics Soundwave would be great but remeber this line was made to interest young kids today. So little Billy is going into the TF aisle sees Classics Soundwave in package in cassette mode "Mommy what's that?" "That is a cassette player, I used to have one when I was your age."

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i will tell you once i get it.

14. Rewind

News Credits:
    Well, Hasbro doesn't seem to be worried about little Billy in regards to the G1 reissue of Soundwave. In fact, they can't seem to keep that toy on the shelves. There must be some little Billies (and, more likely, Big Billies) out there that like him.

It's also possible that little Billy could want a Classics Soundwave just because he thinks the robot looks cool, or simply because it's "A Transformer", regardless of what it turns into. Or was I the only kid like that?

Or, how about this, Hasbro can sell a gutted version as an exclusive through their online store and they wouldn't have to worry about little Billy at all. I see demand and I see possibilities for Hasbro to supply. Hopefully they will.

15. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Hasbro reps were just quoted yesterday as saying that Classics is a line aimed at collectors.

16. Soundatron

o rly?

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Put simply, Classics (the first Classics anyway) was a short-lived mainline/kids line, designed to have as strong a nostalgic/collector/fan appeal as possible, to fill a gap between Cybertron and the movie, offer fans a little something special, and stir up some nostalgic interest in time for the movie.

Personally, I feel Soundwave is pretty expensive for what it is, a deluxe-sized toy housing a (best guess) bare-bones MiniSD card-based MP3 player, which would probably run about $20-$30 most places (just a player of similar type, discounting the TF toy element).

That said, I wouldn't have missed this for the world, meaning I've had a preorder with Fantofan for months now. He'll be bossing around the Real Gears soon enough. :) 

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, the buttons look a tad mis-aligned... but who knows, this could still just be the mock-up. Hopefully they'll look a little tighter for the final release. I do wish his chest door had some black on it... and he has the same "screws on shoulders" disease that afflicts Classics Grimlock and Movie Ratchet.

But having said all that, there is no way in hell I would miss this figure. Everything else about him is just too great. I doubt I'll even use him as an MP3 player. I just think of him as a very expensive Classics Soundwave. Though I may make little Ravage/Rumble/Ratbat stickers for my SD cards..... :D 

19. Rewind

News Credits:
    That is a fantastic idea. :) 

20. Soundatron

I second that