Music Label Soundwave question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Human Beastbox, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    For those of you here that have a Takara Music Label Soundwave, how many of you have had problems with its functioning as an MP3 player?

What I really want to know more than anything is the percentage of DOAs (dead on arrivals) fellow members may have experienced.

I'm really thinking about getting one, but not if I can't get the electronics to work properly. The SD card issue is not a problem for me.

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I've heard of a few problems but nothing widespread.

3. Strategist

Strategist Hound Wrangler TJ 4.0I

I got a blue one MISB trough Ebay for $ 25 (excluding shipping) from Singapore. It works very well as an MP3 player, no problems at all.

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

mine worked fine. have you followed the procedure that's on here exactly? cause i thought mine was dead as well until i did that and haven't had any problems. the bi ones where making sure your music files aren't anything other than MP3. Wav file or anything else doesnt' work. Also, try not putting them in subfolders and putting them right on the card. it can't go through folders sometimes. but the first thing I would do is after you put the batteries in, hold down the play button for a couple of seconds and a blue light inside the door should turn on. if that doesn't work and you have brand new batteries, then something is wrong.
    You should get it, while it's not a great mp3 player, it does work and having a working soundwave that blends wiht classics is worth it IMO. i think alot of people have had problems becasue they didn't know how to work it.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine works great.

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Have never even turned one of mine on, I wonder...

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've actually used mine as an MP3 player occasionally since it came out, and no problems.